Who should our next HC be?

13 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Assuming we will not land big names thrown around like Bob Stoops, Chris Peterson, Urban Meyer, and Deion Sanders, here is who I would like to see Nebraska target in no particular order:

• Kalen DeBoer-I am still a huge fan of his and he is in his first season at Washington.  He has the second best win-loss record of any active coach who has been head coach for more than 50 games.
  • Chris Klieman-He is moving up my list.  He beats a ranked team 48-0 without his starting QB. Pretty impressive.
  • Mark Stoops-He may finish the year 8-4 but he has made Kentucky a reliable and consistent program in the SEC
  • Lane Kiffin-He has gotten better and better with each coaching move.  The risk with him is that he may not stay long.
  • Kyle Whittingham-Very unlikely to leave at his age but he has been very consistent for many years

https://www.coacheshotseat.com/WinningestActiveCoachesIA.htm

Klieman won! He's a winner! We should sign him right now!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

No way in hell Husker Nation will accept Kiffin. He’s to Blount.  Twitter nation loves him. And he was seen callin some one a b!^@h last night

my choices are. MJ, Prime Time or Kiffin if we can’t steal Bert B

After what you seen yesterday you're still on the MJ train?! He's a great recruiter and a great WR coach but that's it at this point IMO. 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I really don't care at this point. There is no unanimously agreed-upon choice. No matter who is hired there will be a portion of fans that don't like it.

I don't care if anyone at all likes the choice as long as that coach comes in and wins.  Fans don't need to like the hire, they need to end up liking the coach once he's doing the job.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

How or Does this weigh on coach’s/player's minds? Let's say for the heck of it that Locksley or Lane K are our guys that we are targeting .....Despite the success, Maryland has struggled to fill SECU Stadium above 60% this season, with the season-best attendance of 31,194 coming out to support the Terps against SMU. “If you're a real competitor, you'll play in front of 100,000 or you'll play in front of one,” head coach Mike Locksley said.  I remember  Wandale made a comment on Kentucky only drawing less to a home game than Nebraska did to the spring game. 

25 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The SEC West is no cakewalk... not to mention the MS salary cap, family ties to Nebraska, our resources/$ for coordinators/fan support/NIL

Kiffin is not the type to run. He's 8-1. They have a shot to seriously beat Bama next time up. 

Ole Miss is a better job than Nebraska

I don’t understand the love for prime.  What has he really done to earn him a place beside urban or other top names?   A couple years at a low division football?   I have no interest in his personality.    We need a proven coach.  A proven recruiter.   Someone that has proven to be able to turn teams around with time  we need a guy who can get us to 8-10 wins in 5 years and then be consistent at that level

• TBH 2