Who should our next HC be?

3 minutes ago, Ggodd002 said:

I don’t understand the love for prime.  What has he really done to earn him a place beside urban or other top names?   A couple years at a low division football?   I have no interest in his personality.    We need a proven coach.  A proven recruiter.   Someone that has proven to be able to turn teams around with time  we need a guy who can get us to 8-10 wins in 5 years and then be consistent at that level

Well he’s undefeated this year won 11 games last year and they beat the piss out of southern 35-0 I think he can coach at any level and be successful. He has what a 25-5 record or something like that 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

Just now, talaricohusker said:

Well he’s undefeated this year won 11 games last year and they beat the piss out of southern 35-0 I think he can coach at any level and be successful. He has what a 25-5 record or something like that 

His well established persona isn't a fit for this program (Full Stop).

8 minutes ago, Ggodd002 said:

I don’t understand the love for prime.  What has he really done to earn him a place beside urban or other top names?   A couple years at a low division football?   I have no interest in his personality.    We need a proven coach.  A proven recruiter.   Someone that has proven to be able to turn teams around with time  we need a guy who can get us to 8-10 wins in 5 years and then be consistent at that level

Honest question?  Do you follow him on social media?  Have you watched any of his pressers?  The reason I ask is the Prime, I watched play at FSU and the NFL is not the same guy coaching Jackson St.  What he teaches, preaches and coaches is exactly what NU needs.  Accountability.  Physicality.  Responsibility.  Do it the "right way".  Preparing young men to be better.  Sounds a lot like the "Nebraska way".  Pretty confident there won't be rumors with Prime like those that surrounded Frost and his crew.  3 games in this year, he demoted a good friend on his staff from OC to a position coach. The reason?  at 3-0 the run game wasn't up to snuff.  He can recruit his a$$ off by just being himself.  If the player doesn't "know" him, the parents do.  Hall of Fame NFL player.  Contacts galore.  For he above reasons alone, I'd take a shot with him.  We'd be winning quicker than most would believe.  He has 8-10 4* kids on the roster IIRC already at J St

To add, the media publicity alone would be worth it's weight in gold.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 minutes ago, The Whale said:

I think this notion of "fit for the program" is nonsense.  We need to win football games and fans/boosters egos, biases, and hangups be damned. Don't cheat or do illegal things but beyond that people around the program need to open their minds and shut their mouths. Hire someone who can get the job done, period.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3
5 minutes ago, The Whale said:

What makes you the ultimate say so on that?! I don’t give two s#!ts about what his “established persona” is or isn’t he would be a huge hire here and win pretty immediately here. Besides us pee on’s don’t dictate what Trev does with this hire. He don’t give two s#!ts about what we think that’s why we haven’t heard a peep about the search. He has his own inner circle that knows and we won’t find out for another 4ish weeks. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I think this notion of "fit for the program" is nonsense.  We need to win football games and fans/boosters egos, biases, and hangups be damned. Don't cheat or do illegal things but beyond that people around the program need to open their minds and shut their mouths. Hire someone who can get the job done, period.

So much this.  Hire  a DUDE.  

11 minutes ago, lo country said:

Honest question?  Do you follow him on social media?  Have you watched any of his pressers?  The reason I ask is the Prime, I watched play at FSU and the NFL is not the same guy coaching Jackson St.  What he teaches, preaches and coaches is exactly what NU needs.  Accountability.  Physicality.  Responsibility.  Do it the "right way".  Preparing young men to be better.  Sounds a lot like the "Nebraska way".  Pretty confident there won't be rumors with Prime like those that surrounded Frost and his crew.  3 games in this year, he demoted a good friend on his staff from OC to a position coach. The reason?  at 3-0 the run game wasn't up to snuff.  He can recruit his a$$ off by just being himself.  If the player doesn't "know" him, the parents do.  Hall of Fame NFL player.  Contacts galore.  For he above reasons alone, I'd take a shot with him.  We'd be winning quicker than most would believe.  He has 8-10 4* kids on the roster IIRC already at J St

Couldn’t agree more. We can’t keep on the same track with another lame duck hire that takes five years to rebuild. With the dumpster fire state of this program, we need to try something completely different, especially now that the landscape has changed. Go all in on a new approach, new branding with new energy and excitement to the program. We need this desperately for recruiting. Deion comes in and the hiring announcement would immediately blow up and get national attention and get the interest of top recruits. Deion, NIL and the new facilities will help seal the deal with top recruits. 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
36 minutes ago, lo country said:

Frost's hire was a huge deal at the time, and we got TONS of media. Show me where the "gold" from that event is being stored.

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, Bad2theBONES said:

Couldn’t agree more. We can’t keep on the same track with another lame duck hire that takes five years to rebuild. With the dumpster fire state of this program, we need to try something completely different, especially now that the landscape has changed. Go all in on a new approach, new branding with new energy and excitement to the program. We need this desperately for recruiting. Deion comes in and the hiring announcement would immediately blow up and get national attention and get the interest of top recruits. Deion, NIL and the new facilities will help seal the deal with top recruits. 

Deion has no coaching mentors, he hasn't put in the grind. Where was he an assistant coach? High school doesn't count. I believe Deion will get a HC job at a Division I program after this season, and odds are that he will fail spectacularly.

MJ would be and is, at least twice as qualified as Deion for this particular job, and MJ isn't even a fit.

• Haha 1

After every husker loss this season it drains me to even wanna watch football. It's gotten that bad for me and the worst thing is that I love when football comes around in September. Can we please have a hire in place soon bc the team is bad. They may play with good effort but effort only gets you so far when your team doesn't have great depth or great coaches. Id love the next coach to keep Mickey and Applewhite but that's not for me to decide. Nebraska needs to understand that recruiting and developing are going to get the program back into winning. You can't just be strong in one particular category and not others bc you seen how that has turned out for us in the past. Since Tom Osborne left the program Nebraska has had 5 coaches with a win percentage of 610 that's horrible. Go out and try to get the best available overall coach bc the fans deserve it bc this season is washed and a wrap.

• Oh Yeah! 1
54 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

The current NDSU coach has done much better. It's settled, Entz is Ntz!

• Plus1 3