Who should our next HC be?

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Thought this article sums things up pretty well. If we get what is outlined here we’ll have done the best we can.

https://www.si.com/college/nebraska/football/stukenholtz-why-illinois-loss-proves-trev-should-not-hire-mickey

Good stuff and true.  We haven't been physical since Bo and Co 2009/2010........Even the most athletic player gets tired of being punched in the mouth every down of every series....

• Plus1 1

If I'm Alberts conducting the interviews and I asked "what do you see as the issue with this team?" and if the first thing out of interviewee's mouth isn't "foot speed in the trenches and linebackers" I'd end the interview.  

Everything falls apart from there.  What type of scheme is ran at this point is meaningless when you can't move.  

1 minute ago, Scarlet said:

If I'm Alberts conducting the interviews and I asked "what do you see as the issue with this team?" and if the first thing out of interviewee's mouth isn't "foot speed in the trenches and linebackers" I'd end the interview.  

Everything falls apart from there.  What type of scheme is ran at this point is meaningless when you can't move.  

I think S&C has made a lot of our guys worse TBH.  No ability to move laterally, loss of mobility etc...

• Plus1 1
Just now, Scarlet said:

I think it’s difficult to ask other coaches “what’s wrong with Nebraska” because those coaches are focused on coaching their own teams. I get being prepared for the interview, but asking that coach to know what is wrong with your program isn’t the best approach. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think it’s difficult to ask other coaches “what’s wrong with Nebraska” because those coaches are focused on coaching their own teams. I get being prepared for the interview, but asking that coach to know what is wrong with your program isn’t the best approach. 

It would take two minutes of film study to see it though.  It's so glaring.  I guess we could assume any coach would come in and see it but then again 

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

I think S&C has made a lot of our guys worse TBH.  No ability to move laterally, loss of mobility etc...

That's what I'm saying.  It's not like we haven't had some decent recruits especially on the oline but they're so slow that can't even use their wingspan in pass pro.  Guys just run around them.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Trev should hold all interviews in front of a wall, and if he doesn’t run through said wall within 2 minutes of talking with the candidate, he should end the interview abruptly and throw the candidate through this same wall. 

• Haha 4
  • Oh Yeah! 3
  • TBH 1
2 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Trev should hold all interviews in front of a wall, and if he doesn’t run through said wall within 2 minutes of talking with the candidate, he should end the interview abruptly and throw the candidate through this same wall. 

Only if he didn't solve the koan first

3 hours ago, The Whale said:

Frost's hire was a huge deal at the time, and we got TONS of media. Show me where the "gold" from that event is being stored.

3 hours ago, The Whale said:

Deion has no coaching mentors, he hasn't put in the grind. Where was he an assistant coach? High school doesn't count. I believe Deion will get a HC job at a Division I program after this season, and odds are that he will fail spectacularly.

MJ would be and is, at least twice as qualified as Deion for this particular job, and MJ isn't even a fit.

Is this a bit? Trolling? My sarcasm meter is broken? You can’t possibly be serious.

4 hours ago, Ggodd002 said:

I don’t understand the love for prime.  What has he really done to earn him a place beside urban or other top names?   A couple years at a low division football?   I have no interest in his personality.    We need a proven coach.  A proven recruiter.   Someone that has proven to be able to turn teams around with time  we need a guy who can get us to 8-10 wins in 5 years and then be consistent at that level

Hahaha ruined your whole speech.

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's hard to keep track anymore, but yesterday's loss felt like one of the worst in recent memory; a sloppy performance that headed downhill fast, at a time when the players should be playing their heart out for the new coach, and the new coach should have had the players better focused.

It was way too familiar. The "prepared to lose" body language should be gone by now, even if you're getting your a$$ kicked. My window of optimism for Mickey is quickly closing. 

Spot on with regard to yesterday’s loss. It just “felt different.” Joseph had two weeks to prepare the team and that’s the best he could do? I realize he couldn’t just bring in  new players but yesterday was very disappointing. Like air coming out of a balloon. 

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Assuming we will not land big names thrown around like Bob Stoops, Chris Peterson, Urban Meyer, and Deion Sanders, here is who I would like to see Nebraska target in no particular order:

• Kalen DeBoer-I am still a huge fan of his and he is in his first season at Washington.  He has the second best win-loss record of any active coach who has been head coach for more than 50 games.
  • Chris Klieman-He is moving up my list.  He beats a ranked team 48-0 without his starting QB. Pretty impressive.
  • Mark Stoops-He may finish the year 8-4 but he has made Kentucky a reliable and consistent program in the SEC
  • Lane Kiffin-He has gotten better and better with each coaching move.  The risk with him is that he may not stay long.
  • Kyle Whittingham-Very unlikely to leave at his age but he has been very consistent for many years

https://www.coacheshotseat.com/WinningestActiveCoachesIA.htm

Why would you assume that?

18 minutes ago, Decked said:

Insert “he’s right you know” Morgan freeman gif here

But, like…Brinks trucks and stuff. I thought we could back them up and make them say no and all that? No?

Are we that bad that we really can’t get get a top name? I think we can. And I’m not gonna believe otherwise until it’s final.

You don’t think at least one of them takes a huge pay raise? I do. I think there’s a a handful of names who can save this thing and I think one of them takes the offer.