Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Trev should hold all interviews in front of a wall, and if he doesn’t run through said wall within 2 minutes of talking with the candidate, he should end the interview abruptly and throw the candidate through this same wall. 

I like it. I think you should be on the hiring committee. Hell I might even join you. Wait…we talkin drywall or brick?

• Plus1 1

59 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Did he preach that while running a fraudulent high school 8 years ago?

The school wasn't fraudulent.  It failed financially and was not accredited by the Texas BOE.  It had a host of issues.

Do I still support hiring him? Yes.   Did I support TO with all of his BS?  Yes.

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/deion-sanders-charter-school-and-the-making-of-a-prime-time-scam-6425581

• Haha 2

Keep Mickey and get the best assistants you can get like coach O for d line and bill Callahan for O line  when we get the trenches good work your way out Callahan only makes 1 million a year I think so give him 2  we could get coach O for 800k I think they could turn the trenches around pretty quick 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

You don’t think at least one of them takes a huge pay raise? I do. I think there’s a a handful of names who can save this thing and I think one of them takes the offer.

Do guys like Stoops, Peterson, Urban and Prime need a huge pay raise? Urban gets 10 mil a year to sit a FOX desk. Peterson and Stoops got out of the game for a reason and aren't hurting for money. Deion is coaching his kid and is already worth millions. Guys like Kiffin, Aranda, Mark Stoops, Gundy - maybe we could get them a slight raise but their schools will get close to matching. The only guys getting a huge pay raise to come here are Gof5 coaches. 

7 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Do guys like Stoops, Peterson, Urban and Prime need a huge pay raise? Urban gets 10 mil a year to sit a FOX desk. Peterson and Stoops got out of the game for a reason and aren't hurting for money. Deion is coaching his kid and is already worth millions. Guys like Kiffin, Aranda, Mark Stoops, Gundy - maybe we could get them a slight raise but their schools will get close to matching. The only guys getting a huge pay raise to come here are Gof5 coaches. 

Or coordinators.  For example, would a guy like Grinch come here?  He makes $1.08 million at USC.  Walters in year 2 has been impressive at Illinois, but some say he will go to CU.  

With the bolded, if we can't get "that guy", I still like Chadwell.  Need a solid DC though.  

1 minute ago, lo country said:

Or coordinators.  For example, would a guy like Grinch come here?  He makes $1.08 million at USC.  Walters in year 2 has been impressive at Illinois, but some say he will go to CU.  

With the bolded, if we can't get "that guy", I still like Chadwell.  Need a solid DC though.  

Yep Coordinators too. Chadwell was my first thought on an example of a guy that couldn't say no if we called. 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I think Bob Stoops is done. Urban and Petersen, if they want to coach again, why not NU? Deion, yeah he takes P5 level resources all day. He’s on record saying that. His kid can come with him and start immediately and have a better heisman shot. Rhule is probably landing somewhere.

Sorry, but until I see otherwise, I think we have a shot to make a splash hire. And we need one badly. A lot of people around here don’t think we need one, but they’re delusional.

Agree on the rest. Lateral move or worse for most of them. I wouldn’t sleep on Chadwell either though.

1 minute ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

I think Bob Stoops is done. Urban and Petersen, if they want to coach again, why not NU? Deion, yeah he takes P5 level resources all day. He’s on record saying that. His kid can come with him and start immediately and have a better heisman shot. Rhule is probably landing somewhere.

Sorry, but until I see otherwise, I think we have a shot to make a splash hire. And we need one badly. A lot of people around here don’t think we need one, but they’re delusional.

Agree on the rest. Lateral move or worse for most of them. I wouldn’t sleep on Chadwell either though.

Chadwell won't get a lot of love because: Gof5, offensive mind with a great QB -  the wounds are too fresh. But I like the guy too. 

1 hour ago, Display name said:

Keep Mickey and get the best assistants you can get like coach O for d line and bill Callahan for O line  when we get the trenches good work your way out Callahan only makes 1 million a year I think so give him 2  we could get coach O for 800k I think they could turn the trenches around pretty quick 

You should be taken out back and shot for even mentioning that sonofab*tch...

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1