Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

There is some talk from the Omaha media that an agreement will be in place the week before the Iowa game (so before the end of the season). That would allow NU to have its man and move forward, and the team can give Mickey a final send-off against Iowa. 

I’m sorta think’n that :) 

2 hours ago, admo said:

LOL..... a lot of ifs and buts and maybes, with assumptions and guess work. 

Writers be writing fluff.  I mean, anyone can have an opinion or thought scrambled up with "If..."  "maybe..."  "but...."  "Ideally...."  "and if not..."  

:facepalm:

I mean, I envy Mitch.

I come here and read your lot's "if and maybe" drivel every day for free. People seek out his "ifs and maybes" and he gets PAID for it.

;)

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

The longer we wait the more doubts it's Mickey right? If you are going to stick with him then you would announce for recruiting, NIL, transfer portal purposes. IF Trev wants it to be him then you can't wait to get trounced @ Michigan. The earlier the better IMO unless it is someone else then he will wait till day after Black Friday I would think. 

I'm not advocating for Freeze. I will say that's an effective offensive scheme against a good BYU team. Aggressive with a fair amount of creativity. They open things up down the field combined with an effective rushing attack. It has a real good feel to it. 

• Plus1 1

49 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

The media has lots of great ideas and theories.   The problem is they don't know squat. 

I have what most would consider good sources and they don't know anything either. 

Lol The media has about as many good ideas and theories as the general public at large. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, M.A. said:

I'm not advocating for Freeze. I will say that's an effective offensive scheme against a good BYU team. Aggressive with a fair amount of creativity. They open things up down the field combined with an effective rushing attack. It has a real good feel to it. 

He is a great coach. Too bad he has baggage. That eliminates him in the Trev game. I like him though. He will make a great coach at Auburn

11 hours ago, Mavric said:

I think it was Kirby Smart a couple of years ago who said something to the effect of "I want an OC, a DC, an OL coach and six guys who are excellent recruiters."  That seems like a pretty good blueprint to me.

Do we really want a staff full of Ryan Held types who make a splash on the recruiting trail but don't get much production out of their guys?

• Oh Yeah! 1

2 hours ago, Enhance said:

I mean, I envy Mitch.

I come here and read your lot's "if and maybe" drivel every day for free. People seek out his "ifs and maybes" and he gets PAID for it.

;)

My drivel?? On a message board?

Wow.. low blow there.

Nice.

13 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I don't get what all the speculation is about. I can just wait until they tell me what they decided.

Me too!!!! I just think it's funny that we as Husker Fans speak about one coach one day then we move on to the next one the next day bc we want to be involved in hearing something about who the next coach is going to be. The fact that we haven't tells me that TA is working behind the scenes or has the coach in place hopefully. It's hard enough to compete with other schools when jobs open up and your competing for the same coach to pick your school to coach at.

• Fire 1
45 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I don't get what all the speculation is about. I can just wait until they tell me what they decided.

Part of it wanting there to be resolution, closure to the ongoing heartache. Our patience has gone to the wayside to a degree. Just give me answers! Another part is the whole mystery of it and attempting to determine whom it will be. We don't have any control of it. We'd like to think so though. 

It's not necessarily a "bad" thing. Just demonstrates how passionate we are! It's okay to have differing opinions about our team. 

2 hours ago, M.A. said:

He is 100% a good coach but anyone who willing works for Liberty I would be very wary of 

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1