Who should our next HC be?

3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I didn’t mean it that way. We have proven that all games matter and we lost our right to entitlement many years ago. I think Colorado burst that bubble in 2001. What I meant is that we need a coach who can get us to championship games (conference) now and then not because we are entitled but because of the investment we all (univ, fans, state) have placed in the program 

Great point!!!!

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I didn’t mean it that way. We have proven that all games matter and we lost our right to entitlement many years ago. I think Colorado burst that bubble in 2001. What I meant is that we need a coach who can get us to championship games (conference) now and then not because we are entitled but because of the investment we all (univ, fans, state) have placed in the program 

That would be a Bo Pelini type coach...

I'm not advocating Pelini comes back at all, but if NU had a coach that got the team to B1G championship every other year, we'd all be pretty excited.  At least in this moment.

What we are all desperately hoping for is a "Bo Pelini type" coach.  I find the irony kind of amusing!

• Fire 1
1 minute ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I think +90% of the fanbase would happily take a "Bo Like average." Hell, I think 99% of college football fans would take the nine wins a year at their programs so long as it was consistently nine or more. Nine wins a year often gets you to your conference title game fairly often. And if you are playing for your conference title regularly, it indicates that you're performing at or above the level of your peers. The "games that matter" mattered because we took care of business against the teams that had less advantage/talent/coaching. 

Expecting the dominance of the 80s & 90s is not reasonable for our program in this day and age. 

Yes I agree. I would love to be Bo Like now. I’m just saying now is the time to swing for the fences

• Fire 1
5 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Expecting the dominance of the 80s & 90s is not reasonable for our program in this day and age. 

I agree with the assumption that we can not expect the dominance like we had, but I disagree that our ceiling is 9 wins. The passion and commitment this state has invested into it's university teams will lead to limitless success ceilings in my opinion. Look no further than the women's volleyball program. It is ABSOLUTELY possible to churn out a dominant program from this location. I do not see any reason we can not be in the conversation year in and year out with the OSU's, Oklahoma's, Georgia's of the world. It takes the right leadership.. We haven't had that in a long, long time. I'm not convinced we do at this point, either, but the only thing limiting our program is a power coach with his/her s#!t together. 

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Yes I agree. I would love to be Bo Like now. I’m just saying now is the time to swing for the fences

Don't settle!!!!

• Plus1 1

We gotta go big boys. Urban Meyer. Pull a USC Lincoln Riley kinda s#!t. We gotta go big. Not up and comer killing it at lower level. A legit dude in P5 now 

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

We gotta go big boys. Urban Meyer. Pull a USC Lincoln Riley kinda s#!t. We gotta go big. Not up and comer killing it at lower level. A legit dude in P5 now 

$12 million Kirby smart 

2 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

I would love to be the fly on that wall. Anyways I doubt anything gets announced today. Like one poster said I think Trev waits till the season is over 

He can’t wait that long wt the early signing period. That would be suicidal   To prove our commitment to excellence it has to be Oct 2 or before 

• Plus1 1
43 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I think +90% of the fanbase would happily take a "Bo Like average." Hell, I think 99% of college football fans would take the nine wins a year at their programs so long as it was consistently nine or more. Nine wins a year often gets you to your conference title game fairly often. And if you are playing for your conference title regularly, it indicates that you're performing at or above the level of your peers. The "games that matter" mattered because we took care of business against the teams that had less advantage/talent/coaching. 

Id be fine with a few years of 9 or 10 wins per season with 3 or 4 blowout losses. Then I'd want to see additional progress.

• Fire 1