Who should our next HC be?

23 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Why would Chadwell voluntarily leave as a head coach to be a coordinator?

That's a question I have posed a few times. Would a G5 HC become a coordinator at a P5 school.  Chadwell currently makes a little north of 1 million a year.  Would he leave for money?  As an OC wouldn't make HC money, but could Trev offer $2 million?  Chance to prove his O can work in the most physical conference in P5?  Use a springboard to get his own P5 HC position by showing that he can be successful in P5.  Learn under a successful HC to gain experience a lot of folks say are needed for a P5 HC position.  Where does a new HC look for a staff when he is no longer coaching?

Would/could Rhule bring back Brady?  Could he lure him away from the Bills?  Brady is making a little over $1 million/year.  

Bottom line, I like Chadwell and his O. 

8 minutes ago, lo country said:

My personnel opinion would be he takes a break. His entire experience at Carolina was a crap show.  Bringing back Cam didn't help.  Fans loved or hated the guy.  Rhule just never turned them around as quick as people thought as he had Brady and was just coming off a great season at Baylor.  Kind of the Frost curse.  Was the newest toy, but just didn't pan out and NFL just fired faster.. Not to mention big step up from the Big 12 to the NFL.  Like UCF to the B1G.   I'd guess he feels mentally beat tbh.  BUT maybe he wants to jump right in and prove he is a great coach.  Just my .02.  Hope I am wrong.  Of the names thrown around, he'd be a good one.

I agree, he looks like a really good college coach… just don’t know if he’s interested with 40 mill in his pocket. I’d like to have him.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, talaricohusker said:

His offense might put up good rushing numbers but there’s a reason academy teams are not in the top 5 and in the playoffs every year. Sorry 

If you think any candidate for our head coaching position is in the top 5 and in the playoffs, I'm afraid I have some bad news for you.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
4 hours ago, talaricohusker said:

No thank you we will be here in three years if he’s named coach. His offense might put up good rushing numbers but there’s a reason academy teams are not in the top 5 and in the playoffs every year. Sorry 

This may be the most ignorant post I have read in a LONG time. You clearly don’t have a single clue to what it takes to win at an Academy. 

• TBH 2

6 hours ago, gorp512 said:

I'm not sure if Husker Nation will be prepared for how bad the team will be Rhule's first year. He's a builder. And from the lines out. They will play hard but they will most likely win 4 total games. With how this season is going. That would be tough 

So….we’ll see improvement immediately. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 3
2 hours ago, BoSolich said:

FYI, the 1 good year rhule had at baylor, they didn't beat a single ranked team. would be the most overrated hire ever IMO.

Posted this earlier.  It's older (2014), but some good info on beating ranked teams.

"Did you know that of the 128 FBS head coaches, only 14—or 11 percent—have a career winning record against Top 25 teams?

Not only do 89 percent of the top level of college coaches have a losing record against ranked opponents, but 51—or 40 percent of the field—have never won a single game against a Top 25 team."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2137102-top-college-football-coaches-who-excel-and-struggle-against-top-25-teams

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, TheSker said:

Why would Chadwell voluntarily leave as a head coach to be a coordinator?

Probably never would. But when did any of our likes on this thread have to be sensible :)

I like watching his O - so that was just a trip down imaginary street.