Who should our next HC be?

Initially I took the Coleman signing as an indication that people knew who the new coach would be. 

The longer this drags on, the more I'm thinking Coleman's commitment is a placeholder. If Nebraska gets a guy he likes, he stays. If not, he can decommit and sign elsewhere.

I won't believe any of the recent commits actually plays for us until I see them suited up on the field. 

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1
13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I had to be away from my computer most of the day yesterday and I'm way out of the loop. Can someone give me a quick rundown of what happened yesterday?

There may or may not have been a secret Regents meeting where Trev updated them on the search.

Also Auburn 247 guys said to cross Rhule of their list as Rhule was probably headed to Nebraska.

30 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

it'd be real easy to find someone to feed sipple some bad info so people stop talking about it.

This is kinda where I"m at with all of this. There might be some kernels of truth in all this reporting er rumor mongering. Sure someone will be able to say their "leak" was the one that turned out to be accurate, but 99% of this is crap. if I were AD, I"d leak all kinds of rumors to throw people off the scent. 

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Initially I took the Coleman signing as an indication that people knew who the new coach would be. 

The longer this drags on, the more I'm thinking Coleman's commitment is a placeholder. If Nebraska gets a guy he likes, he stays. If not, he can decommit and sign elsewhere.

I won't believe any of the recent commits actually plays for us until I see them suited up on the field. 

And then NU fans will lose their collective mind because Trev didn't hire Mickey and the new coach couldn't maintain the recruiting class (which I think is unfair, to the new coach).

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You very well might be right.  But, I think a lot of coaches hate NIL.  But, their having to learn to live with it.

Yeah but my info is first-hand knowledge lol. 

They had guys refusing to practice if they didn't get their NIL deals increased and stuff like that. That's why it was a mutual decision for him to leave. 

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, caveman99 said:

This may be the most ignorant post I have read in a LONG time. You clearly don’t have a single clue to what it takes to win at an Academy. 

I was stationed at WP for a couple years in the late 90's, it's a completely different culture than at a normal university...