Who should our next HC be?

4 hours ago, runningblind said:

A school like Nebraska will not be able to build lines through NIL. That will still have to be HS recruits and development.  There simply aren't enough stud lineman available via transfer and they will be highly contested, often going to the highest profile schools. We can get Trey Palmers sure but you can't build a whole team that way.

You (and everybody +1-ing this comment) apparently lack reading comprehension. I’ll highlight this to make it simple

for you:

…more like a General Manager who manages the salary cap (N.I.L. money) AND potential transfers (both outbound and inbound) - in addition to the traditional High School & Jr. College recruiting.

You’ll notice I didn’t say which players (or positions) would come from which of those various avenues. My comment about O-Line & D-Line was more about how their selection seemed to bore Frost who focused almost exclusively on “playmaker” positions. (They are all playmaker positions, in my book).

• Haha 1

I don't think Mickey gets a single excuse at all. I don't think it's like "well, he inherited a dumpster fire - what do you expect in just 3/4 of a season?" No I mean, that's the Nebraska head coaching job; you inherit a complete dumpster fire and then we see if you can rise up.

If he loses this one we don't make a bowl. And if he doesn't make a bowl, I don't think you give him the job.

I understand that losing Thompson is pretty much catastrophic but I still don't think it's an excuse.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1