Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, Nebhawk said:

NO one is leaving Baylor for this mess, no one is going to coach here right now while making $10 mill to do nothing.  Been watching this unfold for the last 5 years?  This roster is not good enough to win the west currently.  WE lack in all areas as a program right now.  If you are a coach with a bright future, why come here right now?  Honestly?  We don't have alot to work with in many areas of this program.  If we don't keep Mickey in some capacity, we lose most of our recruits for next season.  I think we have a mess here right now, and by letting MIckey keep on the recruiting trail, its making things worse on everyone.  This leads me to think that Mickey almost has to be the next coach.  Otherwise, we have a huge mess on our hands.  Thats what I think.

I don’t believe this.

I think our lines on both sides of the ball are soft because of culture and lack of practice.  You can’t develop if you don’t practice with contact.  There’s just not enough practice time to do “touch football”.

It takes longer to develop O lineman than D lineman.  As bad as the O line is, I think it can be at least partially improved in a good off season.

The D line is not where it needs to be, but I think anyone is lying to themselves if they say they haven’t seen good improvement in their play in just a month.

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Please God! You talk about changing a culture?! This guy gets it! 

Well the downside is Jackson State is currently playing in Houston but maybe Trev will be staying overnight and meeting someone in the morning. :)  There also have been plenty of flights to Houston but that is likely for business or other reasons.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

You keep saying things that are factually incorrect pal

Really?   

I said a lot of nice things.  Encouraging things.  But you set aside and dismissed everything I talked about and narrowed in on the very last thing I mentioned (which even says I feel uncomfortable).  

Here is everything I said (page 478):

As someone who has watched Baylor football every Saturday for 3 decades, I would agree and argue that Matt Rhule is a better HC than Dave Aranda.  Even though it is not by much, but still.

However, they both have a nice back yard for recruiting (success) and are both really good coaches.

I would take Aranda in a heartbeat, nothing wrong there.  But if there was a choice between the two, I would go with Matt Rhule.

What makes me very uncomfortable is that Aranda has a contract extension through 2026 (as of right now) and Rhule's contract from the Panthers will take money away from him if he coaches anywhere.  

It will be interesting to see how it folds out, regardless.  

And you are wrong because the Panthers will take money away from him if he coaches anywhere.  

1 hour ago, HuskermanMike said:

That could be a possibility. However, that list has plenty of coaches who Nebraska could go out and get. None of them are unattainable. 

Who do you think Nebraska hires? 

I honestly think it will be a name not really thrown around, something out of left field like Mike Locksley or Bryan Harsin, and that we are getting told "no thanks" a few times. Or they let Mickey continue on.

Unattainable and realistic are subjective words, and in my opinion the level of attraction in this job is overstated by many.

• Fire 1