Who should our next HC be?

35 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

I think an out of left field hire would be Ed Orgeron. He has talked to Mickey and could get a lot of his coaching staff back together from 2019 LSU. He would know what he is walking into having talked with Joseph and would get elite coordinators here. Who knows if he wants to coach again. Obviously, would prefer him as a DL/AHC.

As to the two coaches you named, Locksley is not going to leave after a 6 or more win season and Harsin will go be a coordinator or G5 coach somewhere. You could be right though and it could be a hire no one is expecting. 

Lets see, Aranda not coming here, Joe Brady won't more than likely be our OC......so who would join Coach O on his staff at Nebraska?  Mickey is not a coordinator............Eddie O is done with coaching.  He just got a $15 mill payout and was happy about it..............happy to leave LSU.

10 hours ago, M.A. said:

I still have mixed thoughts on Matt Rhule. Here’s a good article discussing college coaches who fail in the NFL.

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/why-successful-college-coaches-like-matt-rhule-fail-in-the-nfl-plus-the-five-mos

They could just as easily have written an article discussing why NFL coaches fail in college. Why should we give a rat's a$$ what he did in the NFL? NFL coaching and college coaching are two different jobs with different skill sets.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 2

5 minutes ago, Toe said:

They could just as easily have written an article discussing why NFL coaches fail in college. Why should we give a rat's a$$ what he did in the NFL? NFL coaching and college coaching are two different jobs with different skill sets.

That Rhule didn't do well in the NFL doesn't necessarily mean that he wouldn't be an option to consider. Different skill sets as you said.  

5 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Right now regardless if Dave Aranda has Baylor at 6-3 he is one of my top choices. Impressive to say the least he beat Oklahoma in Norman today. Its hard enough to beat Oklahoma and on top of that they were the visitors.

News flash: Oklahoma is dogs#!t this year. They're in 'barely make a bowl game' territory, and are fortunate that they happen to have two teams that are even worse left on their schedule.

5 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

If we don't keep Mickey in some capacity, we lose most of our recruits for next season.  I think we have a mess here right now, and by letting MIckey keep on the recruiting trail, its making things worse on everyone.  This leads me to think that Mickey almost has to be the next coach.  Otherwise, we have a huge mess on our hands.  Thats what I think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

NO one is leaving Baylor for this mess, no one is going to coach here right now while making $10 mill to do nothing.  Been watching this unfold for the last 5 years?  This roster is not good enough to win the west currently.  WE lack in all areas as a program right now.  If you are a coach with a bright future, why come here right now?  Honestly?  We don't have alot to work with in many areas of this program.  If we don't keep Mickey in some capacity, we lose most of our recruits for next season.  I think we have a mess here right now, and by letting MIckey keep on the recruiting trail, its making things worse on everyone.  This leads me to think that Mickey almost has to be the next coach.  Otherwise, we have a huge mess on our hands.  Thats what I think.

We’re not keeping Mickey and those recruits suck anyway.  There are so few we should keep stock in.  We already have a huge mess on our hands, and short of a pro coach, that won’t change.  His “rah-rah” style doesn’t make it in the B10.  We need real coaches with real accountability.  A proven winner, or Trev will be the next on the short list.  He knows that, so we’ll see if he has the balz.  

in the next few weeks, we’ll find out if all those resources matter.  If they do, we’ll spend big and get a winner.  If not, we’ll get another also ran up and coming loser to drain the the bank for a few more cycles.  

• Fire 1