Who should our next HC be?

50 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Maybe not as great as a lot of people think.

Nebraska and NIL

I didn’t click the link but the excerpt you posted is laughable. How long does this guy think there has been a portal/NIL world to have experience in? It’s a whole new deal, everyone is figuring it out, and all indications are that so far Nebraska has handled it as well or better than most.

The thing people forget is that there is more to winning than money. If it was just about money, NU fans would’ve had a much better experience these past 20 years.

• Plus1 1

get ready for bill O’Brien folks. For those of u thinking we’re gonna get a slam dunk coach you’re kidding yourself. Need to rebuild the foundation before we kid ourselves with being a contender in a year or 2. 

we aren’t a usc just sitting there able to pluck a Lincoln Riley type guy away with rich talent in our backyard for a quick turnaround. Bring in a pro who can lay the foundation of what a good program should look like. 

seems like the only downside I see thrown around on bob is the threat of him leaving for the nfl again. Frankly I don’t care… for those aspiring for a natty again we’re prolly 2 coaches away from that moment anyways.  

bring in Bob, perhaps he retains Mickey for WR and recruiting chops and then builds a staff that is competent to get us back to a floor of 8-4/9-3 consistently AND THEN we can throw around a wish list of names to elevate us. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I see a private plane going to Colorado Springs today...home of Air Force. Is Troy Calhoun being considered? He just beat Monken's Army squad.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n31vj

Also I did a google search and found these. Maybe Trev is meeting with Calhoun today???

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gazette.com/sports/air-force-sports/could-troy-calhoun-to-nebraska-happen-the-rumor-mill-is-spinning-we-break-it-down/article_0125411c-32bf-11ed-9fb9-f322ffba1dc8.amp.html

https://cornhuskerswire.usatoday.com/lists/nebraska-football-coaching-search-tracker-deion-sanders-lance-leipold-troy-calhoun-jamey-chadwell/

• Plus1 1

34 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

get ready for bill O’Brien folks. For those of u thinking we’re gonna get a slam dunk coach you’re kidding yourself. Need to rebuild the foundation before we kid ourselves with being a contender in a year or 2. 

we aren’t a usc just sitting there able to pluck a Lincoln Riley type guy away with rich talent in our backyard for a quick turnaround. Bring in a pro who can lay the foundation of what a good program should look like. 

seems like the only downside I see thrown around on bob is the threat of him leaving for the nfl again. Frankly I don’t care… for those aspiring for a natty again we’re prolly 2 coaches away from that moment anyways.  

bring in Bob, perhaps he retains Mickey for WR and recruiting chops and then builds a staff that is competent to get us back to a floor of 8-4/9-3 consistently AND THEN we can throw around a wish list of names to elevate us. 

It might require multiple steps. Sort of like dating (Lol). First date someone while getting one's crap together. Stages. B.S. has limited returns. The more and more appealing one is, the more appealing options are likely to become interested. We have to become attractive to higher class potential suitors. Employ the old one shirt then the other game. No matter how high one aims, you've gotta start somewhere. "Reasonable" expectations!  Right now we are in the DUMPS! Hopefully we don't have to begin too very low though. (Ha)  C'MON TREV GIVE US YOUR ALL MAN!!!

18 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

1 huskeronline poster said Matt Campbell's wife was looking at homes in Lincoln recently

another 1 said he heard from a former player that Matt Campbell agreed to a contract last week.

interesting.

I know people would melt down on here and he def isn't my first choice but not a single name being thrown around that is realistic has more wins vs top 10 finishing teams and that's with worse talent by far than any of these coaches besides Leipold is working with. 

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

1 huskeronline poster said Matt Campbell's wife was looking at homes in Lincoln recently

another 1 said he heard from a former player that Matt Campbell agreed to a contract last week.

interesting.

Oh no...Surely we can do better than Soup!

• Haha 1