Who should our next HC be?

13 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If it ends up being Rhule, his history and experience says a lot more than his words.

Word is that Kleiman is satisfied at K-State and his AD there is his former AD at NDSU. 

Money talks at the end of the day. I have a hard time believing K-State can come remotely close to what Nebraska can offer in terms of cash. I was just throwing Klieman out there as a random name, but if NU really wanted him, they could get him.

15 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Why do you say that - new info on him?   And you know I like the guy - my # 1 G5 coach possibility

Not a word.  Unfortunately.  Just my own opinion.  The more I think about it, why not.  Guy has a definitive system.  More of the inventor, not the imitator.  Defense this year (total) is 94th.  Last year 25 and year before 19.  I'd like to know the plan to stop the run in the B1G.  Big Part of the decline is losing 6 guys to the NFL or CFL after 2021.  They've had 8 AA's under Chadwell. These include all forms of AA mentions.  3 were Fresh AA, OL, LB and QB....Dude can coach and develop.

7 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

So there is now a flight returning from Colorado Springs to Lincoln in the morning.  For any active coaches the time to interview for a new gig would be a Sunday or during a bye week. My gut tells me Calhoun is in the final group being considered.

If he is even being considered the money going to that state of the set facility should be donated to anything else and the football program should fold

• Plus1 2

5 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

What do you guys think about Liberty’s Hugh Freeze? I am also afraid to ask about Gus Malzan since he is coaching UCF and we know what happened last time we hired UCF’s HC. We were vodoodolled.

freeze cant even handle criticism from randoms on twitter. He would last five minutes at Nebraska before embarrassing himself

• Plus1 2

19 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Nah, man. Just hire Leipold. Good enough to get Kansas bowl eligible...good enough to get us bowl eligible.

I'd personally trust him to do much better than bowl eligibility. 

I think this week could tell us if last week's rumors have any weight to them. If Rhule is the guy, there's no reason to delay any longer. But if it's a guy like Leipold or Aranda or Stoops, it'll have to wait 3 more weeks

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
10 hours ago, Decked said:

I am your new coach. My qualifications are as follows: I will bring back the fullback & I have won tens of national titles on heisman difficulty on NCAA 13/14.

Those are rookie numbers, you gotta bump those numbers up. 

7 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Those are rookie numbers, you gotta bump those numbers up. 

I have also won multiple Super Bowls on all-madden. Get at me. My running back a few years ago also ran for over 5,000 yards in one season. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1