Who should our next HC be?

35 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I'd personally trust him to do much better than bowl eligibility. 

I think this week could tell us if last week's rumors have any weight to them. If Rhule is the guy, there's no reason to delay any longer. But if it's a guy like Leipold or Aranda or Stoops, it'll have to wait 3 more weeks

I'd name sooner than later.  The state of NU football needs a huge shot of positivity.  Then again if it's some google name, talk about despair sitting in.  We are currently, and have been, a bottom feeder of the P5 schools.  Started with Riley and went into a head on collision with the sh!t truck under Frost.

1. Lance Leipold, Kansas 
2. Mark Stoops, Kentucky 
3. Matt Rhule 
4. Luke Fickell, Cincinnati 
5. Matt Campbell, Iowa State 

6. Dave Aranda, Baylor 
7. Chris Klieman, Kansas State 
8. Bill O’Brien, Alabama OC 
9. Gary Patterson 
10. Jim Leonhard, Wisconsin interim 

1 minute ago, lo country said:

I'd name sooner than later.  The state of NU football needs a huge shot of positivity.  Then again if it's some google name, talk about despair sitting in.  We are currently, and have been, a bottom feeder of the P5 schools.  Started with Riley and went into a head on collision with the sh!t truck under Frost.

If it is someone like Rhule, who isn’t coaching now but we have locked up, I agree we’d be foolish not to name now.  The only concern is impact on the current staff and team, to which I could care less at this point. The positive of announcing now so the new guy can get ahead of recruiting would pay dividends moving forward

If Trev does has his guy and it is indeed Rhule, perhaps he’s waiting until we’re  officially not bowl eligible 

• Plus1 2

28 minutes ago, Decked said:

I have also won multiple Super Bowls on all-madden. Get at me. My running back a few years ago also ran for over 5,000 yards in one season. 

I think my favorite season of NCAA was the year I won the Heisman with a DE; I had upwards of 95 sacks. 

18 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

If it is someone like Rhule, who isn’t coaching now but we have locked up, I agree we’d be foolish not to name now.  The only concern is impact on the current staff and team, to which I could care less at this point. The positive of announcing now so the new guy can get ahead of recruiting would pay dividends moving forward

If Trev does has his guy and it is indeed Rhule, perhaps he’s waiting until we’re  officially not bowl eligible 

Yeah, it would actually be a really bad look to announce now, whoever it is (unless it was Mickey). You're just saying, "we're done with this year" with that announcement. Which we probably are, but your AD would/should never just come out and announce that publicly.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
18 hours ago, Enhance said:

Trev very well may hire a first time HC. He has previously stated prior HC experience is not a requirement for the job, although it would certainly be valuable.

I've been trying to think of who would even be an option for that kind of hire. The only coordinator whose name has been mentioned much is Bill O'Brien, who has HC experience.

1 minute ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Yeah, it would actually be a really bad look to announce now, whoever it is (unless it was Mickey). You're just saying, "we're done with this year" with that announcement. Which we probably are, but your AD would/should never just come out and announce that publicly.

I could see a scenario where they have a guy and MJ/new coach is also committed to keeping Mickey on the staff.  That being said, my money is still on an announcement shortly after the Iowa game.  The only reason it would come prior is if it was Urban or Rhule

11 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

I could see a scenario where they have a guy and MJ/new coach is also committed to keeping Mickey on the staff.  That being said, my money is still on an announcement shortly after the Iowa game.  The only reason it would come prior is if it was Urban or Rhule

I think we will hear strong whispers shortly before Thanksgiving and an announcement no later than Sunday November 27.

8 minutes ago, Toe said:

I've been trying to think of who would even be an option for that kind of hire. The only coordinator whose name has been mentioned much is Bill O'Brien, who has HC experience.

Yeah the list is quite small. I think a lot of fans would be abrasive towards a coordinator hire at this point, but BOB would probably be the most acceptable of all the names I've heard thrown around. It could also be open to interpretation a little bit, meaning there are some guys out there with HC experience but it may not be from the FBS or P5 level. I personally think when Trev talked about prior HC experience he was probably thinking FBS at a minimum, preferably P5, but that's just speculation on my end.