Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I honestly wonder if Stoops is getting his name out there for the NU and Auburn jobs in order to extract as much as possible from the Kentucky administration/boosters.

It is notable that since last week Stoops has been linked to others than Nebraska.

• Fire 1

Fun fact.  NC State has won their last 2 games (including one over a ranked WF) being led by backup true freshman QB MJ Morris.  Morris had multiple crystal ball predictions to Nebraska (and Nebraska seemed to cool on him in favor of others, including Torres).  He is coached by Tim Beck and thrown 6 TDs to 0 INTs in those 2 games.

If its Doeren, I wonder if Morris comes with him.

Like that! Doeren and his bringing along Morris.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
34 minutes ago, huskerpower22 said:

A few ideas I am dwelling on this am. I just cant get it out of mind that it almost has to be Rhule doesn't it? I think it got white hot last week and almost leaked 100% before damage control took over. I don't think Trev wants anything out until Iowa week, but wouldn't be surprised something was locked up with someone, perhaps Rhule last week. 

Ted carters twitter was following Luke Fickell and Lane Kiffin as of last weekend before the social media detectives noticed that was the only two head coaches he follows. It appears that Ted has removed those follows after rumors started spreading about why he was following them. 

DB said on his show yesterday he sees Mickey as a million dollar associate head coach/coordinator. Local radio shows keep saying Mickey is their lean for HC. No one has a clue. 

Trev has done such a good job with this search he is driving us all crazy as it has been 59 days without an answer. I would say anything is possible. 

I think Garrison for sure

It seems so…Rhule. Something changed last week whomever it is. The decision seems to have been made. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

SSO weighs in on the coaching search.

Priorities For The Coaching Search

There’s been some dialogue on Twitter in regard to what people want in the new head coach and how it could possibly

mirror what Trev Alberts is looking for. I dive into a little bit of what I think Nebraska needs to get back to where everyone

wants us to be.

1 – Head Coaching Experience at the P5 Level

The first is pretty simple, we need someone that has done it before and not just watched it as an assistant. The examples

are pretty few and far between for coaches that have had success without any head coaching experience, and on top of

that with where Nebraska is right now being the only team who hasn’t reached a bowl since 2017 we need someone who

has been there and done that in my opinion.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, huskerpower22 said:

What would you guys think if Gary Patterson was named Head Coach and Mickey Joseph named the Associate Head Coach? Seems like a possibility based on the recent Feldman list. Applewhite would clearly stay and I would guess Busch has earned a spot as well. I mean TCU is undefeated with Patterson's players. :stir

Also, I have heard recruits say Nebraska wants to move to a RPO system next season, who are some offensive coordinators that would fit that bill? Does Joe Brady consider rejoining Mickey in that scenario? 

9 minutes ago, huskerpower22 said:

What would you guys think if Gary Patterson was named Head Coach and Mickey Joseph named the Associate Head Coach? Seems like a possibility based on the recent Feldman list. Applewhite would clearly stay and I would guess Busch has earned a spot as well. I mean TCU is undefeated with Patterson's players. :stir

I’ve seen that suggested. It wouldn’t necessarily have to be Patterson. It’d generate interest from players I think and bolster recruiting. Plus there’s the continuity aspect to it.  I can see where there would be challenges with an arrangement such as that though. 

4 hours ago, Boy of the Corn said:

He wouldn't be my first choice, but how about will muschamp? He is a great defensive mind and had some success at south carolina before getting canned. If paired with great offensive coordinators could be interesting.

Muschamp 5 million a year contract

Offensive coordinator: Monken or chadwell at 3 million a year. Or someone like Tom herman or Dan mullen

Hate to be a d!(k, but no upward trending head coach (Chadwell) would take an OC position, no matter the place or the salary. Neither would Monken, just doesn’t make any sense. 

• Plus1 3
10 minutes ago, huskerpower22 said:

Patterson was ran out of TCU because he was vocal about his disdain for the Portal/NIL and being against player's rights.  I just can not see Trev going that direction.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1

I would be fine with them.

Looking at the points/game number from the other thread, Beck was much better OC than what we have seen lately.

Beck is a much better OC than most gave him credit while he was here.  He was routinely cranking out Top 20 - if not Top 10 - rushing offenses and several guys who ended up as Top 10 all-time Husker rushers.

But people didn't like the overall results and needed a scapegoat so he got a ton of unwarranted criticism.

• Plus1 6
  • Oh Yeah! 2
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Beck is a much better OC than most gave him credit while he was here.  He was routinely cranking out Top 20 - if not Top 10 - rushing offenses and several guys who ended up as Top 10 all-time Husker rushers.

But people didn't like the overall results and needed a scapegoat so he got a ton of unwarranted criticism.

In addition NU was Beck's first stop as an OC IIRC.  He has since been at Ohio St, Texas and NC State.  He has gained a lot of experience.  I wouldn't mind him coming back.

• Plus1 3