Who should our next HC be?

19 minutes ago, lo country said:

I hear it's going to be Aranda.  *Purely rumor* One of those 3 people removed, but the actual "source" would potentially be in a position to know.  Don't shoot the messenger.  Would make sense with nothing coming out, kids still committing and MJ still recruiting.  Maybe Aranda, Orgeron, MJ, BB, and OC to yet be guessed.  Who knows....

It seems discussion of Aranda mysteriously evaporated last week following the “completely false” tweet. Maybe other names causing more speculation were red herrings? The eventual story will be immaculately filled with drama though. 

Lol I think I’m back to it being Rhule or Aranda. 

31 minutes ago, lo country said:

I hear it's going to be Aranda.  *Purely rumor* One of those 3 people removed, but the actual "source" would potentially be in a position to know.  Don't shoot the messenger.  Would make sense with nothing coming out, kids still committing and MJ still recruiting.  Maybe Aranda, Orgeron, MJ, BB, and OC to yet be guessed.  Who knows....

I would be fine with this if true - actually happy with this as an end result.  Get Orgeron for DC would be a big get and keeping MJ, BB would allow for continuation wt current players and recruits.  We probably never were in the Lane Train lane  and obviously not in Prime Time or Urb's soft spot either.  Rhule, while I think would be a great hire, I think was going to be hard to convince to pull him out of his forced $40m vacation.   Aranda would be a better get at this point then BOB as well.  Now if they could convince Chadwell to become a P5 OC, that would be great but highly unrealistic.   It would be nice to see what Chadwell could do in the B1G as HC, but we don't have time to experiment. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, M.A. said:

It seems discussion of Aranda mysteriously evaporated last week following the “completely false” tweet. Maybe other names causing more speculation were red herrings? The eventual story will be immaculately filled with drama though. 

Lol I think I’m back to it being Rhule or Aranda. 

No doubt there will be a lot more rumors coming out.  Hoping that "higher tier" names continue to pop up. 

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, lo country said:

So tell us about your 'source'.  What confidence do you have in this 'purely rumor'?

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

I would be fine with this if true - actually happy with this as an end result.  Get Orgeron for DC would be a big get and keeping MJ, BB would allow for continuation wt current players and recruits.  We probably never were in the Lane Train lane  and obviously not in Prime Time or Urb's soft spot either.  Rhule, while I think would be a great hire, I think was going to be hard to convince to pull him out of his forced $40m vacation.   Aranda would be a better get at this point then BOB as well.  Now if they could convince Chadwell to become a P5 OC, that would be great but highly unrealistic.   It would be nice to see what Chadwell could do in the B1G as HC, but we don't have time to experiment. 

I know a lot of folks say no way he comes as an OC, but you hit on the key point as to why he has potentially no P5 offers.  Does his scheme work against the P5 teams.  He comes as OC, he can prove his scheme works in the "most physical" P5 conference.  I'd offer him that money and see what happens tbh.  Then again, it's up to the new HC.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, lo country said:

No doubt there will be a lot more rumors coming out.  Hoping that "higher tier" names continue to pop up. 

Really do think Trev is going to come through for us. I just get the sense that he's putting every ounce of effort into this than he can. He's a highly organized and is being thorough. 

1 minute ago, M.A. said:

Really do think Trev is going to come through for us. I just get the sense that he's putting every ounce of effort into this than he can. He's a highly organized and is being thorough. 

Sure, he reads HB before every move he makes. :smokin

We are right up there wt that EF Hutton guy

And EF Hutton says...... | School memories, Tv commercials ...

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So tell us about your 'source'.  What confidence do you have in this 'purely rumor'?

Fairly confident.  Again, several people removed, but no reason my guy would make up something. Huge Husker fan as well.  So not the type to just make stuff up to give me false hope if that makes sense.

Of course on the rumor thread there was a good podcast about Deion coming here.  Who knows at this point.