Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree with you as its much tougher to lead and win at the P5 level.  Could he succeed...sure. But after the Frost failure, I am not sure fans are up for a coach that has not been a proven winner at the P5 level.

Frost had everything he needed to win but was too lazy- arrogant and drunk to do it

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned after the Deion rumors today.  Erick Strickland was on Lincoln radio early this afternoon, after he personally texted Deion Sanders.  Deion responded to Strick that "there is no truth" that Deion has accepted the NU job.

OMGOSH Strickland was the bomb yo!  That's my guy (he, Piatkowski, Chris Cresswell and Chubick)

Would have loved to listened to this, and I believe Strick. chuckleshuffle

29 minutes ago, TheSker said:

How is Chadwell a "can't miss"?

You have literally zero proof he could assemble a B1G worthy offensive line.

Chadwell might have a good scheme, but Frost's scheme itself was pretty damn good.

Ya how many games did he win ? As head coach you take ownership of all 3 phases of the game right?

35 minutes ago, TheSker said:

How is Chadwell a "can't miss"?

You have literally zero proof he could assemble a B1G worthy offensive line.

Chadwell might have a good scheme, but Frost's scheme itself was pretty damn good.

My point is that a hot name doesn't guarantee anything.    Chadwell at least has some yearof experience behind him as a HC.  Leipold at Kansas proved himself at the G5 level. He is doing great at Kansas.   How did Frost make the B1G adjust to his scheme?  He didn't.  The B1G was much different than what he was use to. 

39 minutes ago, RambleOn51 said:

I just don’t understand this sentiment at all. They are two completely different people with backgrounds and identities. It’s a freaking crapshoot no matter what. But the odds of it working are obviously better with the hot name. Scott would have worked if he actually showed up and worked. 

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

My point is that a hot name doesn't guarantee anything.    Chadwell at least has some yearof experience behind him as a HC.  Leipold at Kansas proved himself at the G5 level. He is doing great at Kansas.   How did Frost make the B1G adjust to his scheme?  He didn't.  The B1G was much different than what he was use to. 

I mean.....if you don't actually know the offensive rankings in the B1G under Frost might as well just use the misquote.....

25 minutes ago, admo said:

OMGOSH Strickland was the bomb yo!  That's my guy (he, Piatkowski, Chris Cresswell and Chubick)

Would have loved to listened to this, and I believe Strick. chuckleshuffle

Not to threadjack, but Strickland was the best high school athlete I have ever seen in person.  His school played my high school in the basketball district finals in 1992, for the right to go to the Class A State Tournament.  He just took over the game, I think he scored 40+ points and was just dominant as Bellevue West won.  Throw in the fact he could have played college football and played minor league baseball was crazy.  I think he ended up choosing his best sport, as he has a long NBA career.

• Oh Yeah! 1

17 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Not to threadjack, but Strickland was the best high school athlete I have ever seen in person.  His school played my high school in the basketball district finals in 1992, for the right to go to the Class A State Tournament.  He just took over the game, I think he scored 40+ points and was just dominant as Bellevue West won.  Throw in the fact he could have played college football and played minor league baseball was crazy.  I think he ended up choosing his best sport, as he has a long NBA career.

I remember thinking i was an athlete.  Played a pick up game with him and Clester Johnson his senior year of HS.  It took all of 2 seconds to realize what a true athlete was compared to what I was.   My ankles have never been the same, and he literally did the Vince Carter dunk on me.  it's one of my favorite memories.  It was like a dad playing basketball against his toddler child, that's how it felt playing those guys (I wanna say the third was Andre Woolridge, but I am not sure if that's who it actually was)

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Lets see how Chadwell does without his QB.  His system reminds of Frostys and we now know that does not work in the Big 10.  No versions of it will work.  Power football is the key to winning the West or what ever pod or quadrant we play in.  Offense is the least of my concerns going forward actually.  We need to become an elite Big 10 defense.  We need to play a style on offense that we can recruit too.  If we can not get speedy receivers, then throw out the Frosty like schemes. 

Leipold is a good choice for me, but I don't know what his intentions are right now as well.  With the playoffs in college ball changing to 12 team format, this lets the other conferences at least have a chance to have a special season and lock up a spot.  ACC, Pac 12, Big 12, and Notre Dame will have at least a chance to send teams into this playoff.  Right now with SEC dominance, and Ohio ST/Michigan winner, its really cut and dried who gets in.  Lincoln Riley thought he was going to Pac 12 to have that, but they decided they wanted to butt head with Ohio ST and Michigan.  All I am saying is, coaches who coach in P-5 level jobs that are having some success might not want to join a conference where the odds are stacked for contending for a title on most years.  Big 10 is going that direction.  Ohio St and MIchigan are in control, adding USC and UCLA will make those two better along with themselves.  Where does this leave schools like Penn St, Wisky and Nebraska?