Who should our next HC be?

56 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yeah, no problem.  I do agree with a lot of people who say that say Trev is going to be a short-term AD.  I was surprised he actually took the NU AD job in the first place, as he was probably close to retiring from Omaha and moving out to South Carolina, where they already have a huge beach house built.

Never hurts to add a few easy $ million to the bank account first.

• Plus1 1

25 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Have you ever considered we played 10 yards back because we don't have enough team speed on D to stop the deep ball?  The reason Chinander played that way was because he did not trust our secondary.  Minny last week got every deep throw they wanted against our DB's and Safety's.  Minny!  We are not talking about the Ohio STate Buckeyes Wr core.  This all adds up to why this job right now is a huge rebuild.  We need better players on both sides of the ball.  We need better O-lines and D-lines to help out our backend players.  Curious, but has our Defensive numbers improved since the Georgia Southern game?  Where are we ranked in points allowed?  Yards allowed?  Passing Yards allowed?  Rushing Yards?  I don't know and have not looked, but lets assume our numbers have not improved with Busch.  Lets assume that maybe they are worse.  WE all think they look better on Defense, but are they?

You also have to consider that we have an OC who calls a draw up the middle and two passes every time. We either go 3&out or score on two plays. That's kind of hard on an already depleted defense. Also, some of our best players are injured or suspended.

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I mean ... Navy is 3-6 with that vaunted option offense.

All the military teams are gutsy but kind of shrimpy. I'm sure they don't have the vaunted recruiting of Notre Dame or Michigan. It has nothing to do with the style...get the best players and they can succeed with any style.
Oh, and Navy's defense is obviously no match for ND.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

The Midshrimpmen are hanging around despite Notre Dame hiring another linebacker out of the stands with their billion dollar NIL trust.
GO NAVY!!!! HIRE NIUMATALOLO!!!

35-13 Irish before the half. With how important this hire is, no way Nebraska takes a chance with him. It is a hire where you swing for the fences and get the best available or best fit that can get elite coaches here. 

20 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

What’s one trait or qualifier Nebraska should emphasize in looking for its next coach?
I vote for player development.  What say you?

Identifying ability and talent and developing it coupled with truly knowing what is required to build team culture.

Rhule and Aranda are two options that would do well in this regard. 

• Thanks 2