Who should our next HC be?

31 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

What’s one trait or qualifier Nebraska should emphasize in looking for its next coach?
I vote for player development.  What say you?

I think it has to be someone with a reputation for winning ...and having good character would be a big plus. They have to be able to recruit smart players and keep them long enough to develop them in order to keep that going.

• Plus1 1

My preference is to get a new HC and keep MJ.  But if this doesn’t work and we make MJ the head coach, I would bring in Paul Chryst as OC/AHC.  The guy knows our division and has won it.  He knows the importance of an OL to win the west.  Not sure there is anyone out there better to help MJ in this role if Trev sees MJ as the leader of the future of Husker football.

I have not heard that Chryst has been mentioned for any other vacancies. Not sure if he has aspirations to be a head coach again. This could be a great fit if he wants to stay in B1G west.

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1

59 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

What’s one trait or qualifier Nebraska should emphasize in looking for its next coach?
I vote for player development.  What say you?

Additionally, players that have situational awareness and are highly adaptable . 

A head coach and staff that make in game adjustments well. 

• Plus1 1

20 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

My preference is to get a new HC and keep MJ.  But if this doesn’t work and we make MJ the head coach, I would bring in Paul Chryst as OC/AHC.  The guy knows our division and has won it.  He knows the importance of an OL to win the west.  Not sure there is anyone out there better to help MJ in this role if Trev sees MJ as the leader of the future of Husker football.

I have not heard that Chryst has been mentioned for any other vacancies. Not sure if he has aspirations to be a head coach again. This could be a great fit if he wants to stay in B1G west.

I still don't get the support HCMJ has among the fanbase for the permanent job other than being our ex-QB. I really don't. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

So since Niumatalolo is 10-21 (soon to be 10-22) over the last three years .... not him???

No, I'd go with the Air Force guy. But the record doesn't mean much against teams like Notre Dame because everybody knows Navy is a shrimpy team that can't match up with a media NIL powerhouse.

• Oh Yeah! 1

2 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

No, I'd go with the Air Force guy. But the record doesn't mean much against teams like Notre Dame because everybody knows Navy is a shrimpy team that can't match up with a media NIL powerhouse.

So you are fine using the argument of inferior talent to handicup wins/losses? Because according to this Campbell and Leipold are ranking the highest compared to talent level 

https://black41flashreverse.substack.com/p/seasons-off-the-rails-so-lets-go?utm_source=direct&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

10 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Have they played Notre Dame 22 times in the last three years?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

So you are fine using the argument of inferior talent to handicup wins/losses? Because according to this Campbell and Leipold are ranking the highest compared to talent level 

https://black41flashreverse.substack.com/p/seasons-off-the-rails-so-lets-go?utm_source=direct&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

I'm fine with a guy like Leipold who always does more with what he has to work with....that's a winner. I just find it a little creepy that fans always want to hire away the guy next door when he wins a couple games. Now there are fans who want the Illinois coach because he's having some success....perfectly okay with buying wins. I don't ever want to be like the NY Yankees...best team money can buy.

Just now, Mavric said:

Have they played Notre Dame 22 times in the last three years?

Where's yours?