Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, Gorillahawk said:

I understand and respect where you're coming from. I'm just not convinced that NU is going to attract a big name "splash" hire that is bing thrown out right now, and I'm game for hiring a guy that has resurrected programs in the crapper and appears to be able to develop players

All depends on how much we're willing to pay. Now isn't the time to take the cheap route and hire an unproven commodity and hope it works.

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

All depends on how much we're willing to pay. Now isn't the time to take the cheap route and hire an unproven commodity and hope it works.

I agree we can't take the cheap way out. But I'm afraid these big name coaches arent willingly to take a chance at a place that has a reputation of being impatient with their HC's with Frost (the homegrown boy) being the exception. We haven't done much in the last 20 years, and nothing in the last 10 to make NU as attractive of a job as we fans like to think it still is

6 minutes ago, Undone said:

Chris Petersen.

Does he want to come out of retirement? 

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Looking back over the last couple decades of coaching hires, I don't think spending more equates to success any more often than paying less. In this new world of NIL, might actually be better to spend more on NIL and less on a coach. I'm just spit-balling here.

On 8/30/2022 at 7:51 AM, captain_sasquatch said:

What an absolute shame we could have had Whittingham. We'd be in such a different situation right now! 

"I think you're overestimating the amount of money Baylor has. They can't compete with us now, let alone when the new media deal hits. Guys like Aranda and Campbell aren't all salary guys, meaning they don't need to be the highest paid coaches around. What they do want, however, is their assistants to be the highest paid coaches around. We can accomplish that better than their current schools can today and even more so in a few years. 

In November 2018 Baylor University introduced an initiative called "Give Light"  targeting their alumni and current student families.  February 2022 they had raised and received $ 1.1 billion.  Their endowment is over $2 Billion which is in the same neighborhood as Nebraskas.  As a side note Aranda signed a new contract earlier this year, I believe it is for 5 years but as you mentioned Aranda sees the world a bit differently that isn't money centric he takes a more cerebral approach, there was an article regarding him in ESPN which makes him probably better suited for under the radar Baylor where the alumni are happy with 8-4 year in and year out rather than the Briles approach of gifted athletes while turning a blind eye to the athletes character in hopes of being the wild card into the top 5 discussion.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34426714/why-baylor-dave-aranda-unlike-college-football-coach-know

BTW, my reference point comes from a Daughter on the Baylor campus from 2018 graduating this past May.

18 minutes ago, malrod said:

Deion Sanders.  More realistic to get him than Meyer or a Stoops.  Texas and SEC level recruiting. Makes Nebraska cool.  Great coach.  Entertaining. 

You know, I hadn't thought of him until you mentioned him, but that might work.  

To those who are saying we should have kept Bo and those who are saying we should ask him to come back, I would strongly suggest you go back over the horrific losses we had.  There were so many blowouts that it was just embarrassing.  Nobody on this blog thought he should have stayed.  

45 minutes ago, malrod said:

Deion Sanders.  More realistic to get him than Meyer or a Stoops.  Texas and SEC level recruiting. Makes Nebraska cool.  Great coach.  Entertaining. 

Come on now you're Nebraska not Texas A&M don't get silly. Urban would be a home run he needs redemption Nebraska needs redemption the media would love the story. 

3893b89b039df41a.png 

• Haha 2