Who should our next HC be?

6 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

convenient you leave out the history of how many run heavy teams have won championships in the last 20 years.

We will never recruit like Alabama, Clemson, LSU, or Ohio State. We can’t afford to waste time and money trying to get 5-star QBs and WRs when they have never and will never end up in Lincoln. We CAN get highly-recruited backs, linemen, and TEs, though. We can also get some high-rated defenders. 

Besides, why are we talking about championships when we can't even make a bowl game? Let's build up our lines, one game at a time, and little by little, fight back into this thing. 

We were never flash-in-the-pan. We have always been blue-collar, hard work for every yard. Dylan Raiola isn't coming to throw 40 TDs. We need to run the ball back to conference contention. 

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

8 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

We will never recruit like Alabama, Clemson, LSU, or Ohio State. We can’t afford to waste time and money trying to get 5-star QBs and WRs when they have never and will never end up in Lincoln. We CAN get highly-recruited backs, linemen, and TEs, though. We can also get some high-rated defenders. 

Besides, why are we talking about championships when we can't even make a bowl game? Let's build up our lines, one game at a time, and little by little, fight back into this thing. 

We were never flash-in-the-pan. We have always been blue-collar, hard work for every yard. Dylan Raiola isn't coming to throw 40 TDs. We need to run the ball back to conference contention. 

That's not necessarily true. In the 90's kids would come here from all over the country. If Nebraska brings a great head coach in say Deion Sanders just for example you don't think he would change high caliber kids thinking. I do that's just a example. We can't just run or pass  We should be balanced right now we aren't bc the o line is bad and the coaches aren't doing a good enough job of taking pressure off the line.  Certain plays should be called and they aren't. I watched TCU tonight and they are a very sound disciplined balanced offense. Texas was pressuring Max Duggan all night but the play calling got better throughout the game and eventually they won.   I know we brought Mark Whipple in to make our offense better but I wished we would run simple plays in space and not rely on the line to open holes. Our offense is very predictable right now bc we aren't a good football team plain and simple. Once we get a established good head coach, then thats when we will be competing again. I have faith that their are coaches in America that would love to coach here regardless of how we have looked for so long. Nebraska has a lot to offer.

7 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

That's not necessarily true. In the 90's kids would come here from all over the country. If Nebraska brings a great head coach in say Deion Sanders just for example you don't think he would change high caliber kids thinking. I do that's just a example. We can't just run or pass  We should be balanced right now we aren't bc the o line is bad and the coaches aren't doing a good enough job of taking pressure off the line.  Certain plays should be called and they aren't. I watched TCU tonight and they are a very sound disciplined balanced offense. Texas was pressuring Max Duggan all night but the play calling got better throughout the game and eventually they won.   I know we brought Mark Whipple in to make our offense better but I wished we would run simple plays in space and not rely on the line to open holes. Our offense is very predictable right now bc we aren't a good football team plain and simple. Once we get a established good head coach, then thats when we will be competing again. I have faith that their are coaches in America that would love to coach here regardless of how we have looked for so long. Nebraska has a lot to offer.

I agree, mostly. However, before Solich was fired, we recruited pretty well because we had an identity. Everyone knew who and what Nebraska was about. We were going to RUN the football come hell or high water. The recruits knew what they were getting into, and we were that brand and identity. 

We need to go back to that. 

26 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I have no idea who it will be but there has to be a few mandatory KPI’s.

1- Proven track record of rebuilding a program.

2- Developing players with a focus on line play.

3- Recruiting.

3b- Ability to assemble a quality staff and coordinators.

Is that all…

How is there not one poster on this board who knows someone that knows whats going on?  If I remember correctly, people on this board said it would be SF weeks before it was. Where are those posters now? Come on guys, someone has to know whats going on. Dont be shy, spills the beans. Its an anonymous message board, nobody knows your real identity, just tell is already!

• Haha 3
12 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

I agree, mostly. However, before Solich was fired, we recruited pretty well because we had an identity. Everyone knew who and what Nebraska was about. We were going to RUN the football come hell or high water. The recruits knew what they were getting into, and we were that brand and identity. 

We need to go back to that. 

I agree but I think now that athletes are more advanced in training you can't just run and throw like 10 passes a game. You have to keep defenses guessing.

4 minutes ago, Jickey Moseph said:

How is there not one poster on this board who knows someone that knows whats going on?  If I remember correctly, people on this board said it would be SF weeks before it was. Where are those posters now? Come on guys, someone has to know whats going on. Dont be shy, spills the beans. Its an anonymous message board, nobody knows your real identity, just tell is already!

Only the Albert's family cat and one of it's friends knows. Neither are saying anything. :)

8 minutes ago, Jickey Moseph said:

Okay already. It’s Ruhle. sshhhh

Start lowering your expectations folks. We all know how this will turn out. This is a very quiet search and the last very quiet search we had we ended up with Mike Riley. Im preparing myself for a google search when the next coach is announced because it will be someone we have never heard of. Sorry to be party pooper but Ive lost all faith. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2
13 minutes ago, Jickey Moseph said:

Start lowering your expectations folks. We all know how this will turn out. This is a very quiet search and the last very quiet search we had we ended up with Mike Riley. Im preparing myself for a google search when the next coach is announced because it will be someone we have never heard of. Sorry to be party pooper but Ive lost all faith. 

Ok

Aranda getting lit up, so he’s out.  Rhule has so much $, has no incentive to do anything.  Campbell loses again, lane got beat at his own game. , deboer throws the ball too much, Deion, well, he’s just too much flare-only kids that play for him are already on their way to jail.  So that leaves us with urban Meyer.  Let’s hope the AD has the balz.

• Haha 3
40 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I agree but I think now that athletes are more advanced in training you can't just run and throw like 10 passes a game. You have to keep defenses guessing.

Maybe. I would argue that the Flexbone has enough variations that we could keep defenses guessing, because on any given play, 1 of 4 people could end up with the ball inside or outside. 

With the proliferation of the spread, defenses have responded by becoming quicker, but smaller. 3-fronts, combo-backers, and extra DBs on the field. Teams couldn't do that against us. They couldn't run their regular defenses against us, nor make reads that they're used to. We would be difficult to prepare for. 

• Haha 1