Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

And Osborne' players.

That's true. They let Frank go because his recruiting didn't keep up. The offense with good players was something to see. Had we not fumbled games away, there's a good chance we would've been national runner up in '99.

1 minute ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Its funny how when that offense doesnt work its just the coach isnt doing it right, but when other offenses dont its the scheme. 

You're not keeping up with the discussion are you? Solich with Osborne recruits did great. As his recruiting slacked off we had to rely on guys like Jammal Lord with eyes in the back of their head and incredible scrambling skills. Our Oline became depleted much like the one you see now.

1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

You're not keeping up with the discussion are you? Solich with Osborne recruits did great. As his recruiting slacked off we had to rely on guys like Jammal Lord with eyes in the back of their head and incredible scrambling skills. Our Oline became depleted much like the one you see now.

But I thought the whole point was that system we could get by with lesser recruits and thats why we need it here because we are different 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

Our Oline became depleted much like the one you see now.

Well let’s not get carried away. Solich’s worst OL was 20x better than anything we’ve had recently.  But yeah, relative to what  we were accustomed to at the time it was a little inferior.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

But I thought the whole point was that system we could get by with lesser recruits and thats why we need it here because we are different 

What are you talking about? How old are you? They're not lesser recruits at that style, they're not as good at the other style as the 6 stars that the chosen big market media darlings will get.
I thought that other guy made that clear??

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Well let’s not get carried away. Solich’s worst OL was 20x better than anything we’ve had recently.  But yeah, relative to what  we were accustomed to at the time it was a little inferior.

Jammal had to grow eyes in the back of his head to survive!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

What are you talking about? How old are you? They're not lesser recruits at that style, they're not as good at the other style as the 6 stars that the chosen big market media darlings will get.
I thought that other guy made that clear??

Jammal had to grow eyes in the back of his head to survive!

What other guy? And in what way did he make it clear.  The very start of this discussion was someone saying we need to do something different because we cant out recruit other teams, but apparently that style falls off without the at least top 10 classes that we were getting before Frank. Osborne was absolutely recruiting with the top schools in the nation so if you need that level of recruits what is the point. 

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Osborne wasn't smart. Really.

Osborne was plenty smart. More than that though he took a genuine interest in his players. Real persistent sort of guy.  I’d say he was very contemplative. 

The game has since evolved since those times. In that regard, it’s not an accurate measure of intelligence. It takes much more than that anyway. I’ve known some pretty smart people that were so intelligent (Lol) that they believed facts could be ignored and openness was viewed as weakness.

I’d like our next coach to be a good person and have a team where humbleness is valued along with self-discipline and determination. 

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

The fact that we have not heard anything after the Michigan game makes me think that Trev's pick is a current HC and we will not know until after the regular season ends.  If it were MJ or somebody not coaching, there would not be much reason not to share by now.

Orrrrr, they havent found anyone because no one wants to come here.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
22 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Wow!  Really.

I'm not saying this, I am confirming what someone else was saying. 

I personally believe Osborne is one of the best coaches in history  and questioning his decisions/offensive philosophy is not a good look.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Its funny how when that offense doesnt work its just the coach isnt doing it right, but when other offenses dont its the scheme. 

What coach do see come to Lincoln and make us into a contender with a balanced, passing/pro-style/spread offense? 

After the last 19 years, do you honestly think it's going to magically happen this time after it's failed for that long?

• Plus1 2