Who should our next HC be?

26 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Problem i have with Lance is that he seems to be having 1 flash in the pan year with Kansas.  I dont know if its enough history to think this is a good move for the team.

Here is his resume before getting to Kansas.  I would say 109-6 at his first school was pretty darn good, and then turning around Buffalo to finish 24-10 in his final 3 seasons is good as well.

2007 Wisconsin–Whitewater 14–1 7–0 1st W NCAA Division III Championship 1  
2008 Wisconsin–Whitewater 13–2 6–1 1st L NCAA Division III Championship 2  
2009 Wisconsin–Whitewater 15–0 7–0 1st W NCAA Division III Championship 1  
2010 Wisconsin–Whitewater 15–0 7–0 1st W NCAA Division III Championship 1  
2011 Wisconsin–Whitewater 15–0 7–0 1st W NCAA Division III Championship 1  
2012 Wisconsin–Whitewater 7–3 5–2 T–2nd      
2013 Wisconsin–Whitewater 15–0 7–0 1st W NCAA Division III Championship 1  
2014 Wisconsin–Whitewater 15–0 7–0 1st W NCAA Division III Championship 1  
Wisconsin–Whitewater: 109–6 53–3  
Buffalo Bulls (Mid-American Conference) (2015–2020)
2015 Buffalo 5–7 3–5 4th (East)      
2016 Buffalo 2–10 1–7 6th (East)      
2017 Buffalo 6–6 4–4 T–3rd (East)      
2018 Buffalo 10–4 7–1 1st (East) L Dollar General    
2019 Buffalo 8–5 5–3 T–2nd (East) W Bahamas    
2020 Buffalo 6–1 5–0 1st (East) W Camellia 25 25
Buffalo: 37–33 25–20
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

@Jeremy morally I would have a little pause on Urban but it's  not my decision and there is no doubt he would win here so I'd def be happy about it. 

31 minutes ago, lo country said:

Who are the subjects of the "this is our next HC"..

These are the ones I remember:

Rhule

Leipold

Aranda

Deion

So I am pretty sure none of these with how quiet the search is.  But who knows.

Don't forget how Ubran was 80% locked in according to someone here. Oh and on the on3 board someone has said Klieman is locked in already so there is another one. 

• Plus1 1

I’m going to say Klieman said no thanks. Possibly Aranda and Leipold as well. Stoops gave it consideration. Along with Monken and O’Brien.

Something changed last week. After a hard push for Aranda, Stoops and Rhule, Albert’s has settled on Matt Rhule. Patterson was contacted mostly for consultation purposes as were several others in the business. Leipold remains the wildcard.

If the announcement isn’t made by around the 21st, it’s not Rhule or another potential candidate not currently coaching.

Listed in order of probability:

*Rhule

Stoops

*Aranda

Leipold 

O’Brien

Monken

*Klieman 

*Are my three preferences

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1
34 minutes ago, lo country said:

With his record, Leipold appears to be a guy who can get a program to the 6-8 game win range. After a few years....Not sure fans have the patience for that.  Unsure his name moves the needle to really get recruits or transfers in ASAP.  I am also humbled that we might be taking the coach of what I thought was the shining example of the crappiest P5 team...  Maybe that's us now.

If we were going that route, I'd much prefer Klieman tbh.  By a lot.

I'd take Kleiman too, but from what I understand he wants to keep working for the K-State AD who he worked with in Dakota.

Kleiman is also friends with Frost and thinks K-State is the better situation.

22 minutes ago, huskerfan99 said:

Rumor from another board Matt Rhule and family are in town and supposedly memorial stadium is light up right now.

They think an announcement tomorrow is likely.

Yep...

NdNGbXC.gif

5 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

So whose message board do we trust.  The one that says its Rhule or the one that says its Leipold?

Well, I know who posted about Rhule this evening, while the Liepold thing is some rando on a KU board...

1 minute ago, Toe said:

Well, I know who posted about Rhule this evening, while the Liepold thing is some rando on a KU board...

Ok well Auburn boards seemed to think Rhule was coming to Nebraska.  He would certainly be a step up from Frost but has struggled to beat ranked teams.  But if we only play 3 ranked teams a year, I am good with 9-3 every year for now. :)

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1