Who should our next HC be?

4 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Has he......cough Carolina......cough cough :huh: Tell me what did he win at those programs? Big XII Championship, beat ranked teams.....:facepalm:

He won 10 games 3X seasons, sent guys to the NFL, won bowl games, made it to the Sugar Bowl, and devleoped players all while doing it and BTW he has beaten ranked teams at Temple. I guess Nebraska is too good for that. What is this? 2003 again? 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

BTW during his time at Baylor while he might not have beaten a ranked team despite being a few years removed from one of the biggest scandals in college sports he did beat plenty of teams with winning records. To look at current day Nebraska and pretend we are above that is laughable.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

3 minutes ago, Husker816 said:

BTW during his time at Baylor while he might not have beaten a ranked team despite being a few years removed from one of the biggest scandals in college sports he did beat plenty of teams with winning records. To look at current day Nebraska and pretend we are above that is laughable.

I disagree he's the answer. While he might get the foundation built some I personally don't believe he's our answer back to the promised land. If he is our new coach I'll hope he proves me wrong. I agree he inherited a mess at Baylor. 

• Fire 1
21 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

I disagree he's the answer. While he might get the foundation built some I personally don't believe he's our answer back to the promised land. If he is our new coach I'll hope he proves me wrong. I agree he inherited a mess at Baylor. 

When Frost was fired what were your personal expectations for the football program? Give me some details like philosophy, recruiting, etc.

6 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

:batWho's a** do I gotta beat if we hire Lance Leipold?

It took me a bit to catch up but this caught me eye.

109-6 with a 6-1 record in championship games isn't as good as 23-5 with no championship appearances. Taking out the five seasons LL went 75-0, he was still 34-6 and 1-1 in championship games. This is a strict comparison of two coaches at a lower level so when 23-5 actually coaches at the fbs level then we can compare LL's record to that.

For more amusement someone already updated his wiki page to show he is the HC at Nebraska. And Rhule's page shows he is too. :funnyhahah looks like co-HC with MJ as AHC.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
55 minutes ago, desertshox said:

It took me a bit to catch up but this caught me eye.

109-6 with a 6-1 record in championship games isn't as good as 23-5 with no championship appearances. Taking out the five seasons LL went 75-0, he was still 34-6 and 1-1 in championship games. This is a strict comparison of two coaches at a lower level so when 23-5 actually coaches at the fbs level then we can compare LL's record to that.

For more amusement someone already updated his wiki page to show he is the HC at Nebraska. And Rhule's page shows he is too. :funnyhahah looks like co-HC with MJ as AHC.

I never said that Lance Leipold isn't a good coach. But this is my opinion and my opinion only when I say he isn't national well known to get kids from all over the country compared to Deion. Kids know who Deion is from all his success on the field. Nebraska can't just hire a good developmental coach to come here. That will not work. They have to get a coach that is strong in recruiting and strong in developing in order to succeed. Can't have one without the other. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I never said that Lance Leipold isn't a good coach. But this is my opinion and my opinion only when I say he isn't national well known to get kids from all over the country compared to Deion. Kids know who Deion is from all his success on the field. Nebraska can't just hire a good developmental coach to come here. That will not work. They have to get a coach that is strong in recruiting and strong in developing in order to succeed. Can't have one without the other. 

I've always wondered if high school coaches met or knew any college coaches. And if they did, if they ever steered kids to or away from some coaches. 

Sarcasm ftw btw