Who should our next HC be?

6 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Realistically speaking, if Rhule was actually here there is minimal chance he grabbed a coach seat on the soonest united flight- he surely woulda flown private and had transport provided by Trev/university, IF this was true.

BTW, IF this does end up being true, I'd be happy.  Solid track record of developing players and im confident he'd bring the concept of physicality and strong defense back to lincoln, something that hasnt been seen in these parts in 12 years

If it is Rhule and family, I'd venture to guess 99% of people on the flight and at the airport wouldn't be able to recognized him from JoeBob who bellies up to the local dive bar.   Rhule is fairly unrecognizable, even to the general football fan in this area.   If he does in fact get hired, he would be more recognized, but for now, he could walk through Eppley and a few might think 'Wait...was that, maybe that was...ope he's gone."

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

43 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Good coaches win, great coaches cover?

Rhule vs the spread:

2013 Tempe 8-4

2014 Temple 6-6

2015 Temple 9-5

2016 Temple 12-2

2017 Baylor 5-7

2018 Baylor 6-6-1

2019 Baylor 9-5

Total 55-35-1 61%

Coaches of note (not counting 2022 results)

Day 56%

Harbaugh 51%

Franklin 53%

Frost 48%

Jimbo 60%

Smart 58%

Saban 55%

Kiffin 54%

Kelly 54%

Stoops 48%

Dabo 54%

Riley 52%

https://collegefootballnews.com/2022/09/college-football-coaches-against-the-spread-rankings-who-covers-who-doesnt

Show us Deion Sanders against the spread.

Coaches-in-hire don't fly commercial. I covered Riley's hiring. I was staked out, with a camera guy, by a fence, near Duncan Aviation, sometime around like 8-9 pm, just to get a clip of him landing from a private jet.

Also, typically, very few people are involved in the pre-hiring phase of a FBS coach... particularly university people. It would be laughably easy to figure out who snapped a photo, when, and where, and probably fire that person. And the general public would have no way of picking apart of blacked out SUV driving to and from the airport than any other number of dark SUVs that make that trip.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
14 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

How do laughing emojis apply to the next HC? What is the assumption?

Like maybe she's laughing at the suckers who bought into the rumors.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Coaches-in-hire don't fly commercial. I covered Riley's hiring. I was staked out, with a camera guy, by a fence, near Duncan Aviation, sometime around like 8-9 pm, just to get a clip of him landing from a private jet.

Also, typically, very few people are involved in the pre-hiring phase of a FBS coach... particularly university people. It would be laughably easy to figure out who snapped a photo, when, and where, and probably fire that person. And the general public would have no way of picking apart of blacked out SUV driving to and from the airport than any other number of dark SUVs that make that trip.

Most of those blacked out SUV's are cheating coaches coming back to meet up with a hot waitress. Not naming any names.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Enhance said:

So you knew who Mike Riley was?  

1 hour ago, sho said:

If it is Rhule and family, I'd venture to guess 99% of people on the flight and at the airport wouldn't be able to recognized him from JoeBob who bellies up to the local dive bar.   Rhule is fairly unrecognizable, even to the general football fan in this area.   If he does in fact get hired, he would be more recognized, but for now, he could walk through Eppley and a few might think 'Wait...was that, maybe that was...ope he's gone."

Perhaps I should rephrase what I originally meant.  Given how buttoned up Trev has kept this, I'd be shocked if he coordinated travel to finalize things via a regular flight thru omaha lol.  Something tells me a coach who just got paid 40 mil coupled with a major football program in search of a coach, would have no issue coordinating private transportation 

• Plus1 2