Who should our next HC be?

I like that Alberts is taking a measured approach and will be seeking input from a variety of sources. Reaching out to a coaches and other athletic professionals to gain precious insight is a smart move. 

A great "fit" for us entails many, many criteria. The candidate needs to have competencies in teaching, leading and organizational skills among others. Understands the cause and matches well with our culture. There's much to consider. Being a head coach isn't an easy role. Few perform it at a high level. 

Let's get back to playing fundamentally sound football and having potent offensive and defensive line play while being effective at player development across the board.  

2 minutes ago, M.A. said:

I like that Alberts is taking a measured approach and will be seeking input from a variety of sources. Reaching out to a coaches and other athletic professionals to gain precious insight is a smart move. 

A great "fit" for us entails many, many criteria. The candidate needs to have competencies in teaching, leading and organizational skills among others. Understands the cause and matches well with our culture. There's much to consider. Being a head coach isn't an easy role. Few perform it at a high level. 

Let's get back to playing fundamentally sound football and having potent offensive and defensive line play while being effective at player development across the board.  

I find it hard to believe that he hadn't already sent his feelers out to gauge potential interest of coaches he was considering. All of that "we're going to do a national search" is just fluff. Doubtful he fired Frost without knowing with a high amount of certainty that one or more of his targets was very interested.

• Fire 1
Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I find it hard to believe that he hadn't already sent his feelers out to gauge potential interest of coaches he was considering. All of that "we're going to do a national search" is just fluff. Doubtful he fired Frost without knowing with a high amount of certainty that one or more of his targets was very interested.

That's certainly possible. Whomever the coach ultimately is, he really needs to assemble a solid group of competent assistants. We've seen this time and time again to various degrees. And we need to establish an identity that for the most part has been absent for a very long time.  

1 minute ago, TiredHuskerFanMWI said:

Not surpised.  I think it will be Matt Campbell.  basically a 60% winning percentage coaching in the FBS.  Expect 6-8 wins a season.  

I hope not.  I do not think that will te solution we are looking for.  But what do I know.  I thought Frost would turn things around here.... 

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

I hope not.  I do not think that will te solution we are looking for.  But what do I know.  I thought Frost would turn things around here.... 

Maybe I am feeling scorned, but going back to a bowl consistently sounds nice.  And removing ourselves from potshots in the national media would be good.  

that said, I agree and acknowledge it's not the solution people are looking for.  Part of me knows it's not the solution I crave as well.