Who should our next HC be?

2 hours ago, BoSolich said:

i'd rather have campbell than rhule to be honest. he has a top 25 class at iowa st. campbell/mickey combo could easily pull a top 15 class at nebraska. he was also winning a lot of games up until this season.

I don’t know who those four laughing guys are. Campbell has proven to be a fine coach.

• Haha 8

15 minutes ago, tmfr15 said:

This stuff about Mickey's wife and Trev's attitude about Mickey as possible HC makes me laugh.

We all know what was going on here was about 5 percent related to current on field results and 95 percent related to what Mickey would do the day he was named HC. 

If Mickey had a staff in mind with a legit OC and DC plus strength and conditioning plus a great plan for recruiting... you hire him and you do it with confidence.

Nobody is an island. You don't hire them for what they can personally do alone. You hire them for all that they can bring to the program.

If Mickey is out, it's because he lacks a plan and a staff and all that. It's not because he lost to Purdue and Ill and Minny and blah blah blah

Loses aren't irrelevant. Nothing is. I can say with confidence that Mickey has been putting together a plan. That alone isn't going to earn him the position. Just for fun though, Vance Joseph as DC and Matt Rhule as OC would be something though wouldn't it! 

• Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, BoSolich said:

i'd rather have campbell than rhule to be honest. he has a top 25 class at iowa st. campbell/mickey combo could easily pull a top 15 class at nebraska. he was also winning a lot of games up until this season.

I’m still leaning heavy toward a defensive coach though.

29 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Does Will Compton know any more than the beat reporters?

"The Connection IS Strong"   - I didn't know Will was into psychology, or is it psychological plants, or is it New Age vibes:dunno

That is it: Matt Rhule is a New Ager who will get us to the top by "mind control' methods.    

I’ve been hearing from a friend that goes by Merlin, that Trev has finished his exhaustive search in the U.S.   Now focusing on Canada Mexico and the territories.  From there, it goes Europe, excluding Ireland (he took care of that in August to save travel time and exp.).  

Several soccer guys very intriguing but so far, despite nearly 40 hard offers in the six figure category, no takers.  Regents and boosters are saying keep looking until 12-1.  If none, the program is to be shut down with money and focus shifted to Rifle and Hockey programs.  

Trev is also close to blending the men’s BB program in with the women’s program, but apparently not sure any of the current men will make the team.  TBD - nothing is finally decided on this.  

Apparently, the bean counters in the finance dept. say the Big Ten millions will go a lot further if we eliminate the football ‘black hole’ of operating expenses.

Again, it’s all preliminary but momentum is building.  Announcements forthcoming.  

My outside sources also do psychic readings over the phone.  Considered as good as Nostradamus, but not always easy to interpret. 
lol

1 hour ago, tmfr15 said:

I will bite on the Urban rumor. Here is why... because I want to. 

In a world where Nebraska has made every manner of bad football headline possible, this would be a bit of great news for us. Urban brings swagger. Urban brings credibility and confidence. He also would bring a staff and a focus for recruiting that would be second to none.

And mainly, it's just fun to think about. 

A Sunday surprise, Urban to Nebraska. YES.

And if it doesn't happen, then I will return to earth and think about whoever we do bring in. But for the next few days, I am entertaining the Urban speculation. Because... why not

If I'm not mistaken that Urban rumor was originally posted LAST week, which means the announcement was supposed to happen this past Sunday... (it obviously didn't)

Not to mention it would take a lot more $ than that to land Urban

Husker Power are you the type of person that goes to the convenience store and stands by the counter. I can just see you there when the Power Ball was $2 billion. Every customer comes up and buys a Power Ball ticket and you say, "I don't know why you are doing that. You aren't going to win. What a waste of money. The only way the Power Ball gets to $2 billion is because no one won for drawing after drawing after drawing despite there being millions of tickets sold. But you go ahead. Buy a ticket. I am sure it will work out."

Thought so.

• Haha 2