Who should our next HC be?

3 minutes ago, sho said:

I agree!  He will no longer be the temp HC.  His title will be  Associate Head Coach/Recruiting Coordinator/WR coach and will get a bump in pay.

And the coach will be Matt Rhule, i mean he could be hanging out on a island but why not nebraska.  Rich people with nothing better to do are just disgusting.

28 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

OK Everyone - who do you think in your gut Trev will selection as HC?

I'm not asking who you want it to be but who do you think Trev will ultimately pick?

One of the options is  - A surprise coach that we haven't discussed.

Me:  I'm going to drink the kool-aide :koolaid2:and go all in on Matt Rhule.     I know we have a flavor of the week going on here for some time.  But there seems to be a lot of media play on Rhule this time around.   So that is who I think Trev will hire.  He wasn't my first pick, but I'd be happy with him. 

Note: This post is made with the purpose of getting us to 800 posts on this thread by the time Trev announces. :cheers

I reread an article about the firm Trev hired and how the Lincoln Riley situation went down and it gives me hope that we will have that home run surprise hire no one saw coming. I think Lane Kiffin is coming to Lincoln. Steven Godfrey talked last year of Lane being unhappy in Oxford, then throughout this season Lane shows signs of frustration with the NIL and fan support down in Oxford. I believe there are two scenarios for Lane. Lane either wants to be the next head coach at Alabama and he will stay put at Ole Miss or he will come to Lincoln. I would be shocked if he was interested in Auburn given his Alabama ties. Besides the family history between the Kiffin's and Nebraska that we all know about,  I could see playing against USC as a motivator for him given how his relationship ended with them.

All Aboard! 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, huskerpower22 said:

I reread an article about the firm Trev hired and how the Lincoln Riley situation went down and it gives me hope that we will have that home run surprise hire no one saw coming. I think Lane Kiffin is coming to Lincoln. Steven Godfrey talked last year of Lane being unhappy in Oxford, then throughout this season Lane shows signs of frustration with the NIL and fan support down in Oxford. I believe there are two scenarios for Lane. Lane either wants to be the next head coach at Alabama and he will stay put at Ole Miss or he will come to Lincoln. I would be shocked if he was interested in Auburn given his Alabama ties. Besides the family history between the Kiffin's and Nebraska that we all know about,  I could see playing against USC as a motivator for him given how his relationship ended with them.

All Aboard! 

We'll I would be pleasantly surprised. He is on the top of my Leader board. Just feels like a big, long shot.  But if Trev reels him in - then extend Trev's contract by a dozen years!!

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 3

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

We'll I would be pleasantly surprised. He is on the top of my Leader board. Just feels like a big, long shot.  But if Trev reels him in - then extend Trev's contract by a dozen years!!

No doubt. I do not disagree, but there is enough evidence that he isn't that content in Oxford that maybe the right salesman could lure him away. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Ruhl may also be a good choice from a compensation angle. he is still owed about $0M over the next 4 years MINUS any other coaching compensation he receives from any other team. In a nutshell, he will make $40M over the next 4 years. Would if Trev got him under contract for 4 years for, say, $1M per year. That salary room would allow them to go out and get top notch assistants and pay them very, very well. In the Ruhl contract, a guaranteed extension would be in place if he hits certain metrics (like win/loss). 

Let the rich guy that owns the Jacksonville Jaguars help rebuild the team!

• Fire 1
  • TBH 2
1 minute ago, Stone Cold said:

Like i said, i know Matt was in lincoln but that doesnt mean he was offered a job.  We interview alot of people and show them around our building but we dont hire anyone.  Its still anyones game to win here.

Maybe, like Trev said, he would talk to a lot of folks.  Get input.  Maybe Rhule is there to give advice on how to go from dumpster fire to bowl eligible in one year.  How he scouts talent and develops it.  Maybe he comes on as a non-paid consultant.  Just throwing stuff out.  Like you said, it's still anyones game to win.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
25 minutes ago, lo country said:

Maybe, like Trev said, he would talk to a lot of folks.  Get input.  Maybe Rhule is there to give advice on how to go from dumpster fire to bowl eligible in one year.  How he scouts talent and develops it.  Maybe he comes on as a non-paid consultant.  Just throwing stuff out.  Like you said, it's still anyones game to win.  

At one time I might have been terribly offended to imply that Nebraska football had become a charity case.  

That time has passed.

Hand me the damn cardboard sign...

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1