Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, MasterPulverizer said:

I posted the other day that my sister in law physically saw Rhule in the facility on Monday.  Her husband had to mansplain who he was.  I assumed they were delaying the announcement because of the UVA shooting but I was wrong on that.  I heard that he left with a contract for his attorneys to review.  There wasn't a yes or no at the meeting on Monday.

So if her husband had to mansplain who it was, then he saw him too? And if so, why not just say my brother in law saw him? Sorry but your story has a lot of holes in it.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

(A) We live in an age where hiring a coach can mean some of his players following him to his new program. (See: Trey Palmer)

This means that part of getting better fast might mean those sort of transfers, in addition to the usual recruiting.

(B) https://www.outkick.com/nick-saban-alabama-daughter-kristen-saban-warning-crimson-tide-instagram/
This article:  made me think a wacky-wacky thought:

How many Alabama assistant coaches and players would follow Nick Saban if Nebraska opened up the checkbook for him? What faster way to get a CEO Head Coach that can match wits with the BiG and set up a system that can groom MJ for the HC position in a few years?

Saban is 71, so not sure how long he’s interested in coaching but if you could open the checkbook for a shortcut back to Blue Blood relevancy, he would be The Guy to put Nebraska back on the map.

For the record, I still think it is going to be Lane Kiffin.

• Haha 2
52 minutes ago, Undone said:

I can't believe I'm even engaging with this, but I do have some questions.

So she was the only one that was on campus and saw this guy? Or her husband was also there?

Because if it was only her...did she take a picture of him and show it to her husband?

My Best Friends Sisters Boyfriends Brothers Girlfriend ...

• Haha 6
14 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

So if her husband had to mansplain who it was, then he saw him too? And if so, why not just say my brother in law saw him? Sorry but your story has a lot of holes in it.

We covered this already.

It turns out that he is his own grandpa vis-à-vis an elaborate time travelling escapade.

24 minutes ago, Osbourneite said:

Performance based contracts will be the norm in 5-7 years. Mark my words. 

The jimbo, Mel tucker disasters will prove me right

Eh, I personally doubt that. That's not really how the free market works.

Universities want to lock candidates down with guaranteed money and a lot of the P5 has the resources to do so. A shift to performance-based contracts would require near universal adoption, otherwise the power players will continue to offer big guaranteed money to lock down the guy they want. Individual universities don't have any incentive to play nice with one another (or look out for each other's back) in the effort to save on overpaying coaches that flame out. It's eat or be eaten.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1
18 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

He didn't say the SIL's husband saw him. It could be the wife just said Trev was talking to some middle aged dude named Matt. The husband could have shown her a picture of Rhule and the wife must have said yeah..this guy.

Then the husband could have 'mansplained' who Matt was. 

I have a lot of free time today lol. 

24 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

(A) We live in an age where hiring a coach can mean some of his players following him to his new program. (See: Trey Palmer)

This means that part of getting better fast might mean those sort of transfers, in addition to the usual recruiting.

(B) https://www.outkick.com/nick-saban-alabama-daughter-kristen-saban-warning-crimson-tide-instagram/
This article:  made me think a wacky-wacky thought:

How many Alabama assistant coaches and players would follow Nick Saban if Nebraska opened up the checkbook for him? What faster way to get a CEO Head Coach that can match wits with the BiG and set up a system that can groom MJ for the HC position in a few years?

Saban is 71, so not sure how long he’s interested in coaching but if you could open the checkbook for a shortcut back to Blue Blood relevancy, he would be The Guy to put Nebraska back on the map.

For the record, I still think it is going to be Lane Kiffin.

You're right - that is, objectively, wacky.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Osbourneite said:

He didn't say the SIL's husband saw him. It could be the wife just said Trev was talking to some middle aged dude named Matt. The husband could have shown her a picture of Rhule and the wife must have said yeah..this guy.

Ok. 589 may be too long of thread 

• TBH 1
10 minutes ago, Osbourneite said:

Hahaha yeah...now we have Trev, not only holding a secret meeting while a stadium tour is going on and he and Rhule and others happen to walk out of a room while it's happening then quickly scurry back into the room once they realize they've been seen, but also Trev now calling Matt by name in front of the tour somewhere in the process?

Door opens: "Hey, Matt, what size smock do you wea....oh s#!t...we've been spotted by a birthday party...abort...abort....retreat."

Seems legit.

• Haha 3