Who should our next HC be?

Kalen DeBoer calls Nebraska his "destination job".  But has a $12M buyout.

We could pay that.  My only motivation in this is that one of my good friends is a Washington fan.  I would love to troll him.

I am going to text him now and tell him the rumor.  He is just getting up.  I want to ruin his day!  :D

• Oh Yeah! 2

20 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Sipple

- "Smoke around Rhule is thick.  It's real"

- If Nebraska announces this Sunday/Monday, its Rhule.  It it waits until after Iowa it won't be him.

Breaking news! If there is an announcement this weekend, we will find out who the coach is. If the announcement happens later, we won't find out quite yet!

I can't believe we get this kind of insider information for free!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 5
10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Callahan

- Under the radar option is Jeff Traylor (UTSA)

- Kalen DeBoer calls Nebraska his "destination job".  But has a $12M buyout.

Sipple

- "Smoke around Rhule is thick.  It's real"

- If Nebraska announces this Sunday/Monday, its Rhule.  It it waits until after Iowa it won't be him.

- Prominent on Nebraska's radar:  Leipold, Klieman, Monken, Doeren, Campbell

- Mickey is a "long shot"

Thanks for the share. Its so funny the back and forth on Rhule. National guys like Feldman and Thamel have been consistent and say Rhule is sitting this one out and the locals are like there is heavy smoke. Perhaps the University has been leaking out misinformation to keep Nebraska talked about and to hide the real finalists, my guess it is just exhausted guessing lol? 

My opinions:

-I believe the National media will end up leaking the "Ultimate leak" prior the locals on whom the next coach will be

-There is no reason to announce before Iowa next week at this point, regardless of who it is. Let Mickey and the guys finish this out. 

-If the announcement is not next weekend it has to be a coach involved in a conference championship game and we shouldn't panic

20 minutes ago, 1HuskerDad said:

Steve Taylor on the radio this morning is all in on MJ

If Mickey can lead this team to a win over Wisconsin tomorrow, he could simultaneously torpedo Leonhard's chances for the Wisconsin job, and put himself back in serious contention for the job at Nebraska.

This is assuming the media guys are correct that we don't in fact have a coach lined up right now

• Haha 6

Hiring DeBoer would be a power move with the Big 10 money. He makes 5 million at Washington, so we could offer a raise.

Probably better spent money than Tucker at MSU.

Never heard Nebraska was his destination job, but in the crapshoot world of hiring coaches he would be a good get. Must have a good agent to get that out there to get an extension.

Not unprecedented for coaches to leave after one year. It's like NFL Qb's if you find one you like you better take him while you can.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

18 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

If Mickey can lead this team to a win over Wisconsin tomorrow, he could simultaneously torpedo Leonhard's chances for the Wisconsin job, and put himself back in serious contention for the job at Nebraska.

This is assuming the media guys are correct that we don't in fact have a coach lined up right now

I appreciate your opinion, but if this truly happens the whole coaching search would have failed and Nebraska truly is not relevant anymore. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
28 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Hope we lose then. He has no business being a HC

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, huskerfan99 said:

If we truly are DeBoer’s dream job then back up the brinks truck and do whatever it takes! Dude is a legit winner wherever he goes. 

Depends on who the other coach is TBH. DeBoer is great and I wouldn't mind the hire, but there are others that are more of a slam dunk than him and I hope they are in play. Unfortunately, he doesn't fit the profile of physical football that Trev speaks about. 

39 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

• Haha 3