Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, runningblind said:

Times have changed in pro ball as well, that's the point that you just missed there.  We also had the best athletes back then, that was also my point, we couldn't get them now with an option scheme. Times change. 

You keep repeating this like it's the absolute truth that everybody knows, and it's not. Players want to play on Fox and ESPN for a good team....that's it.

5 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Times have changed in pro ball as well, that's the point that you just missed there.  We also had the best athletes back then, that was also my point, we couldn't get them now with an option scheme. Times change. 

At certain positions for sure, but defensively I would strongly disagree with you, in addition I think they would do very well recruiting O-lineman and RB’s. I also think you can a very good at QB, think Ricky Dobbs at Navy, as well. 

8 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

That's a bunch of bull. We had ten times the number of players going to the NFL under that system compared to this pathetic crap we play now. Has there been even one pro QB from us in the last 20 years? How many of our vaunted receivers are playing pro, (no Pelini players because he was a total failure and loser)? Linemen? Running backs? Anybody? .....Punter?

Apparently you do not watch the NFL, or pay attention at all. Rex, Ameer, and Ozigbo are still playing at RB. Janovich at FB. Stanley Morgan, Samouri Toure is having a nice season in Green Bay. Wandale is playing. Jurgens is starting now I think. Where we are failing now is putting linemen in the league, not skill players. 

• Plus1 5

6 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

If yall think that option offense for Monken works so well then why does even Monken himself not want to run it if he gets a p5 job. 

Because we have some fans that are convinced Osborne ran the same offense and that's what we need to "gEt BaCk To ThE gLoRy DaYs" 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
2 minutes ago, GSG said:

Because we have some fans that are convinced Osborne ran the same offense and that's what we need to "gEt BaCk To ThE gLoRy DaYs" 

I'd have to agree.  The option was part of TO, but not the whole of TO.  I'd still love TO's complete O scheme to come back.  That included the toughness, physicality, OL play....

• TBH 1

12 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

If he gets fired after this year, and it kinda seems like he will, I would be super stoked if he was brought in by the new HC as an OC. What he likes to do is severely limited by the NFL rules. I think if he comes back to the right situation in college again he can do really well. 

Bro, as a Steelers fan, stay far, far away from this jacka$$.

He's by far the worst OC we've ever had..and we've had some real stinkers.

3 minutes ago, Osbourneite said:

Bro, as a Steelers fan, stay far, far away from this jacka$$.

He's by far the worst OC we've ever had..and we've had some real stinkers.

Yeah i mean yalls oline is straight garbage, you have an ok to good RB and bad QBs. Also as I said what he does well on offense is limited in the NFL by different motion rules and when you can start blocking down field. 

40 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

can't believe people pay for these services. 

Yeah, especially with the $1 for the first year deal they had running before the season. It took a lot of personal sacrifice but I was finally able to scrape together 4 quarters (2 from the sofa & 2 from the car) to join up for a year :)

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

You keep repeating this like it's the absolute truth that everybody knows, and it's not. Players want to play on Fox and ESPN for a good team....that's it.

Everyone knows it but you. Why is no one running that scheme in Power 5 if it's the answer?  You are living in 1994, you just don't want to admit it.

Blue chip kids want to go to the NFL, period. Everyone is on TV.

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Yeah, especially with the $1 for the first year deal they had running before the season. It took a lot of personal sacrifice but I was finally able to scrape together 4 quarters (2 from the sofa & 2 from the car) to join up for a year :)

$1 for fake rumors is still too much. lmao.