Who should our next HC be?

19 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

So then to you it really doesn't matter who the next head coach is going to be bc whoever takes the job this team is going to suck for 2 years. Sorry I don't believe that bc within the last 8 years Nebraska hasn't hired the best position coaches out there. Go look at the track records of the past position coaches. Not good our old defensive coordinator EC will never be a defensive coordinator at a well know college other then Nebraska. A great coach brings established position coaches with him and not letting coaches learn on the job here to get it down. BR or the o-line coach.

It does matter who the next HC is because we can spend the next 2 seasons sucking and rebuilding to get better or not rebuilding and continuing to suck. We all have our wild a$$ guesses, but no one knows which HC and assists will rebuild vs continue sucking.

6 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It just takes one coach, and that doesn't necessarily need to be a "big name".

x1000

1 hour ago, Jeremy said:

Absolutely I do. We have NEVER landed a kid that ended up as a first round QB or WR. We never will. 

Irving Fryar

• TBH 1

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

It does matter who the next HC is because we can spend the next 2 seasons sucking and rebuilding to get better or not rebuilding and continuing to suck. We all have our wild a$$ guesses, but no one knows which HC and assists will rebuild vs continue sucking.

x1000

Irving Fryar

I stand corrected. But what offense did we run then...?

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

I'd like an offense that is dedicated to getting a RB 25 touches a game.  One the has the ability to do traps, counters and draws to counter an aggressive DL ie anyone that NU faces.  Use a 2 back set to run this. Allow another blocker on passing downs.  A lead blocker when we are up 14-3 to get us 2 yards.  I am a HUGE fan of the triple option.  BUT that was simply another wrinkle for TO's scheme.  Have we used the RB on a toss sweep once this year?  Tried to do anything (even under Frost) to counter the DL or push?  A creative running game, which Whip is incapable of calling, would do wonders.  PA, roll the QB out to pass or on a designed RPO.  

Hey im down with all of that. We did do some Brewington lead blocker QB power when Scott was here and also a few times early on we ran QB counter where the HB ran lead block. I cant remember if it was QB or HB counter but Riley had something working with that for a minute. I dont think adding those things will exclusively help a ton since we have had years with good offense running wildly different schemes here. We just need a good HC to make sure every part of the program is effective and manage the roster properly. With a coach like that a lot of schemes will probably work.  I think Rhule is definitely that type of coach if we can land him. 

Also I know it seems bad now because he got boat raced at home but Leipold runs all of the stuff everyone is asking for. They run 12, 21, and 22 personnel, and when you watch the games the oline makes nice alleys in the run game and their #1 back has been tearing it up. Their talent rating is 71st which never tells the whole story but if your base talent is that low sometime the 6th rated roster in the country is gonna just push you around. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Ok we lost numerous conference championship that doesn't mean we having had success. I think for you its the end all be all. If you ain't winning then there is no success and that is flat out wrong.

I don't necessarily consider winning a conference championship to be the only measure of success, but the rest of the country absolutely sees it that way. 

We went on in 99 to destroy a pretty good Tennessee squad with Eric Crouch and power-option football. Since then, nationally, we haven't accomplished much.

4 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Hey im down with all of that. We did do some Brewington lead blocker QB power when Scott was here and also a few times early on we ran QB counter where the HB ran lead block. I cant remember if it was QB or HB counter but Riley had something working with that for a minute. I dont think adding those things will exclusively help a ton since we have had years with good offense running wildly different schemes here. We just need a good HC to make sure every part of the program is effective and manage the roster properly. With a coach like that a lot of schemes will probably work.  I think Rhule is definitely that type of coach if we can land him. 

Also I know it seems bad now because he got boat raced at home but Leipold runs all of the stuff everyone is asking for. They run 12, 21, and 22 personnel, and when you watch the games the oline makes nice alleys in the run game and their #1 back has been tearing it up. Their talent rating is 71st which never tells the whole story but if your base talent is that low sometime the 6th rated roster in the country is gonna just push you around. 

Leipold would be alright. I'd definitely take him over O'Brien.

• Plus1 2