Who should our next HC be?

8 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Hey im down with all of that. We did do some Brewington lead blocker QB power when Scott was here and also a few times early on we ran QB counter where the HB ran lead block. I cant remember if it was QB or HB counter but Riley had something working with that for a minute. I dont think adding those things will exclusively help a ton since we have had years with good offense running wildly different schemes here. We just need a good HC to make sure every part of the program is effective and manage the roster properly. With a coach like that a lot of schemes will probably work.  I think Rhule is definitely that type of coach if we can land him. 

Also I know it seems bad now because he got boat raced at home but Leipold runs all of the stuff everyone is asking for. They run 12, 21, and 22 personnel, and when you watch the games the oline makes nice alleys in the run game and their #1 back has been tearing it up. Their talent rating is 71st which never tells the whole story but if your base talent is that low sometime the 6th rated roster in the country is gonna just push you around. 

Great points.  I remember several times that Chance was used as a lead blocker.  I complain about lack of talent quite a bit.  When I step back, it's hard to judge them with little to no actual coaching going on.  Although they fail miserable to the "eye test".  Especially the OL.  Hoping a new HC could make them serviceable or better until they can get their guys in.  

It really hurt us not to have another multiple threat TE to run more 12 personnel.  Really would like to see the new coach get/develop the TE room.  Have not heard a thing on Fidone?  Staying, going, healthy, no idea.  I would also really like to see more commitment to 21 personnel.  I think our RB room could be really good.  As mentioned earlier, an extra blocker would help until our OL improves.  I'd also like a more dedicated QB run game.  At least enough designed runs to make the DC account for that.  Make the D account for every potential threat on the O.  As for coaches Klieman and even Liepold run good systems.  It pains me to think we would get KU's coach because they are now playing much better than NU.  I like Chadwell.  If we can't get that "home run" guy.  And I know Chadwell is on no ones board, but a few of us, I'd honestly like to see Klieman.  Term gets way over used, but I think he is a scrappy blue collar coach.  Just rise and grind.  Nothing fancy.  Just outworks you.  Would definitely have to rely on his ability to develop as I do not think the recruit meter would move much with him.  So until he started winning, we'd be dancing with the folks we brought.  But who knows who would be on his staff...

End of the day, I just want to win next year.  It's all a cyclical argument, but coaching gets wins, winning gets players, players get wins etc....But a new HC is the next, first, best place to start.  

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, lo country said:

Great points.  I remember several times that Chance was used as a lead blocker.  I complain about lack of talent quite a bit.  When I step back, it's hard to judge them with little to no actual coaching going on.  Although they fail miserable to the "eye test".  Especially the OL.  Hoping a new HC could make them serviceable or better until they can get their guys in.  

It really hurt us not to have another multiple threat TE to run more 12 personnel.  Really would like to see the new coach get/develop the TE room.  Have not heard a thing on Fidone?  Staying, going, healthy, no idea.  I would also really like to see more commitment to 21 personnel.  I think our RB room could be really good.  As mentioned earlier, an extra blocker would help until our OL improves.  I'd also like a more dedicated QB run game.  At least enough designed runs to make the DC account for that.  Make the D account for every potential threat on the O.  As for coaches Klieman and even Liepold run good systems.  It pains me to think we would get KU's coach because they are now playing much better than NU.  I like Chadwell.  If we can't get that "home run" guy.  And I know Chadwell is on no ones board, but a few of us, I'd honestly like to see Klieman.  Term gets way over used, but I think he is a scrappy blue collar coach.  Just rise and grind.  Nothing fancy.  Just outworks you.  Would definitely have to rely on his ability to develop as I do not think the recruit meter would move much with him.  So until he started winning, we'd be dancing with the folks we brought.  But who knows who would be on his staff...

End of the day, I just want to win next year.  It's all a cyclical argument, but coaching gets wins, winning gets players, players get wins etc....But a new HC is the next, first, best place to start.  

Yup go spend the money in order to go get a head coach and proven position coaches.

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, TheNation3531 said:

Matt Ruehl is said to have the inside track to HC at Nebraska.

Decent article on Rhule.  Says all the right things.  And is undefeated at Baylor when his RB gets over 150 yards..Says if it was up to him, he'd use 22 personnel and play smash mouth in a vacuum.  I like that. Haha

https://footballscoop.com/news/matt-rhule-came-grips-rpo-game-smash-mouth-coach

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2