Who should our next HC be?

9 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I know we think its going to be in a week but I posted a question in when does Nebraska name a permanent head coach that questions if TA doesn't name a head coach in a week then what? Not being a negative nancy or debbie downer just had to ask bc its a possibility we don't even have our coach lined up at all.

You would think it would have to be right after Iowa since the early signing period is right around the corner. I guess if the candidate is in a Conference Championship game that would be an exception?

1 hour ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Do you think a coach a military academy has a hard time developing culture?  I would think not only is it way easier, it doesn't translate to building culture for not military kids. 

See the source image

We fire Frost 3 games into the season; Then they say interim Mickey Joseph isn't good enough, and for 9 weeks we hear how amazing the next coach has to be with super P5 powers and experience? And now you are talking Army football ???  

1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I know we think its going to be in a week but I posted a question in when does Nebraska name a permanent head coach that questions if TA doesn't name a head coach in a week then what? Not being a negative nancy or debbie downer just had to ask bc its a possibility we don't even have our coach lined up at all.

If it’s not next weekend that could mean a coach in a conference championship game. 

1 minute ago, caveman99 said:

You would think it would have to be right after Iowa since the early signing period is right around the corner. I guess if the candidate is in a Conference Championship game that would be an exception?

One would think so but one never knows if TA has a hire in place or not. One can only hope he does. Hope its a coach that isn't coaching so he can get started asap.

With no announcement today, it seems likely that the new HC is currently coaching a team.  That would eliminate Rhule, Meyer and more from the conversation.  If Trev was willing to fire Frost midseason, I see no reason why he would want to wait to announce a new HC before the season is over unless that coach has to finish out their current season.

We also know that Stoops is out of contention given his contract extension this weekend.  If the tweet above from Leipold's wife is correct, he is out of contention too.  That still leaves us many good options.  Kiffin's team has seemed distracted the past couple weeks...perhaps it's Lane?

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

With no announcement today, it seems likely that the new HC is currently coaching a team.  That would eliminate Rhule, Meyer and more from the conversation.  If Trev was willing to fire Frost midseason, I see no reason why he would want to wait to announce a new HC before the season is over unless that coach has to finish out their current season.

We also know that Stoops is out of contention given his contract extension this weekend.  If the tweet above from Leipold's wife is correct, he is out of contention too.  That still leaves us many good options.  Kiffin's team has seemed distracted the past couple weeks...perhaps it's Lane?

Perhaps it's Matt Campbell

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

A lot of rumors of Lane to Auburn, but who knows at this point. It could still be Rhule since there had been talk of difficulties in getting a contract done due to the Panthers. Can’t announce a coach who doesn’t have a contract signed.

Just now, caveman99 said:

A lot of rumors of Lane to Auburn, but who knows at this point. It could still be Rhule since there had been talk of difficulties in getting a contract done due to the Panthers. Can’t announce a coach who doesn’t have a contract signed.

Perhaps it's Aranda.

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Not necessarily. Rhule hasn't been out of coaching long there could be things with his buyout that still need to be fixed or they could have reached a deal and are waiting til next week to announce it.

5 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I'm putting the cutoff for Rhule tomorrow.

It's possible that Trev would wait till next weekend to announce Rhule, but I would think if he were insistent on waiting for the season to conclude that he'd have said that on his radio show last week. But it's possible it's Rhule and they're still ironing out the contract details (I hope not)

Edit: to be clear, I hope they're not still ironing out details. I'd be very happy with Rhule 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1