Who should our next HC be?

3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Sorry if this was posted already. These guys speculate that our best 3 options are Monken, Leipold and OBrien.   Apprently Trev knows Monken through one of his sons.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-audible-with-stew-bruce-a-show-about-college-football/id884362991?i=1000586875920

BOB reminds me of like toast.  Just plain and boring. Like dude is just dull.

Any Chance Jeff could get Todd to come over for like $3mill/year?  Making $2 million now.

5 minutes ago, lo country said:

It's a lot of the same names.  Makes me think it's none of them.  We need to look at names we have thrown out that have no other talking heads calling for them.  Maybe it's one of them....

We have the following that have not really been mentioned by media types besides us:

Chadwell

Calhoun

Prime-Kind of mentioned?

There has to be more... 

Bohl, Entz, Gill, Chryst, ....?

14 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Well there was no coherent reason to give Frost a 5th season but Trev chose to do so and put in a stipulation that would have reduced the buyout after October 1, 2022. 

There was a reason to give him a 5th year.  I still believe he had to.  I think the negotiation of the reduction was the best he could have done without splitting the fan base.  He did not split the fan base.  Mission accomplished.

The October date raises questions, but I don’t think anyone saw a loss to Northwestern and Georgia Southern.  It was risky to let Frost continue and potentially have a big win here or there when the wheels had clearly fallen off.

I am satisfied with the way Trev has handled this entire situation.  I can’t wait until we get a basketball coach too.

• Plus1 3
10 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Well there was no coherent reason to give Frost a 5th season but Trev chose to do so and put in a stipulation that would have reduced the buyout after October 1, 2022.  Then there was no coherent reason to fire Frost in mid-September when we were 2 games away from the reduced buyout.  I think many of us are assuming that the delay in announcing is more a result of the selected candidate being an existing coach vs someone not currently coaching.  

I agree the firing in mid sept of frosty instead of waiting 2 weeks was prolly a little hasty but not my money so whatevs.  I think it’s been pretty well documented that there were coherent reasons for trev not to move on last offseason, mainly being that neither the Fan base and the boosters were in “get rid of frosty camp now”. Those who wanted him out would point to the record and were right, those who wanted him would reference 2020 being a throw away year and the amount of “close losses”.   

Regardless, I don’t think there’s really any reason to announce prior to season wrapping. Typically a coach also announces majority of their staff, most of which presumably would be coaching still.  I have confidence trev already has his guy, announcing 72 hours prior to last game just doesn’t seem to be worth the squeeze. 

5 minutes ago, lo country said:

BOB reminds me of like toast.  Just plain and boring. Like dude is just dull.

Any Chance Jeff could get Todd to come over for like $3mill/year?  Making $2 million now.

There’s a reason toast has been a staple of the breakfast scene for centuries.  Might be boring, but I know what im Getting and very rarely am I disappointed.

2 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

There’s a reason toast has been a staple of the breakfast scene for centuries.  Might be boring, but I know what im Getting and very rarely am I disappointed.

I swear to god this is going to be the funnest f#&%ing week of all season, you f#&%ers make this insanity hilarious and thank god because  this is the 4th time going through it with some of you.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Sorry if this was posted already. These guys speculate that our best 3 options are Monken, Leipold and OBrien.   Apprently Trev knows Monken through one of his sons.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-audible-with-stew-bruce-a-show-about-college-football/id884362991?i=1000586875920

Well Trev’s son is a West Point graduate so that makes sense.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Husker816 said:

Not necessarily. Rhule hasn't been out of coaching long there could be things with his buyout that still need to be fixed or they could have reached a deal and are waiting til next week to announce it.

Agree with this - I don't think the lack of an announcement is any indictment against who is or isn't the coach. At least, it's not a 1:1 relationship.

1 hour ago, ActualCornHusker said:

If that were his stance, wouldn't he have said that on his radio show? That's what I've been pondering today. 

IMO (I have no factual basis for this), I think he's doing what a lot of AD's do in these matters, which is play their cards close to their chest. I'm guessing he doesn't want to commit to saying anything that might influence or give away who he's aiming for. Outside of giving some vague generalities about what kind of coach he's looking for, he's barely said anything worthwhile.

• Fire 1