Jump to content

Who should our next HC be?


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

And like, where is the line?

 

So paying 750K is okay but not a million?  That is nothing in the grand scheme of things.  Just pay up.

 

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

No kidding.  If NU wants to be competing with other schools, you have to pay what other schools are paying.  It's called the market rate for a reason. 

 

giphy.gif

 

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment

1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

If this is going to be the case then Nebraska will have more serious problems other then just have a sucky football coach on their hands. Trev might be run out of town. This could get real ugly.

I don't want to put this all on Trev.  His hands may be tied by University administration and/or boosters.

  • Plus1 7
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

No kidding.  If NU wants to be competing with other schools, you have to pay what other schools are paying.  It's called the market rate for a reason. 

That's the problem as to why other schools passed us up bc Nebraska with all that money going in to the athletic program has become cheap bastards along the way.  Guess Nebraska itself has low expectations for themselves if all of this is true.

  • Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
Link to comment

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

 

Aren't these the same boosters that wanted Frost fired 2 games before we could have saved $7.5M?

I agreed with the timing of the Frost firing, even if it cost an additional $7.5M.  I didn't think NU could risk anything positive happening for Frost, which could end up keeping his job (even if unrealistic).  I also thought "the athletic department is willing to pony up the cash to fire Frost, that signals to me that they are willing to spend whatever it takes on the next coach and his staff."  If these rumors this morning are true, then I don't get where things have changed in the course of 2 months.

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment
1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

 

Aren't these the same boosters that wanted Frost fired 2 games before we could have saved $7.5M?

I agree. Doesn't that set the standard that we are willing to pay to bring this University back to life? What's the point of paying that buyout if you are going to turn around and be cheap on a coach and his staff? Makes zero sense. I hope this isn't the case. This fan base is teetering and are looking for a reason to keep caring. They need to give us one now. 

  • Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

I’ll lead the charge to run Trev out of town. The Fans need to send a message next year if this hire is a flop. This is ridiculous he says money is not an issue but won’t pony up to pay for great coaches 

You don’t know this. It could be just part of the hiring game- like buying a car. 

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

I’ll lead the charge to run Trev out of town. The Fans need to send a message next year if this hire is a flop. This is ridiculous he says money is not an issue but won’t pony up to pay for great coaches 

You won't have to if any of this is true. Trev will be running himself out of town. For me I don't understand why or who would think that Lance Leipold could lead us to the promise land. 

  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
Link to comment

1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

You won't have to if any of this is true. Trev will be running himself out of town. For me I don't understand why or who would think that Lance Leipold could lead us to the promise land. 

What is the promise land to you?  You keep mentioning this, but you are always so vague on what your expectations are. 

Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...