Who should our next HC be?

7 minutes ago, TheSker said:

This statement in itself is true, but no one on his current staff has experience with the recruiting challenges of Nebraska.

Recruiting the Rust Belt vs recruiting the 500 mile radius of Lincoln.....night and day different.

......and does he bring his OC with him?

It's not like they are in Florida, Texas, or California. OSU still has to go national to recruit. Plus most kids in the rust belt should be fine coming to Nebraska. It's not like having to leave somewhere nice for Lincoln. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Born N Bled Red said:

1) Becoming a father means more than "a wife having a baby." Maybe you're not a father, or maybe you're from a different era where your wife popped the baby out and if you were even in the room, it was back to work the next day. In today's world the father is expected to be present, to help, to take turns getting up in the middle of the night to change/ feed the baby. So hell yeah, it likely impacted his work. The sleep deprivation alone sucks. His wife didn't just "have a baby," he became a father huge freaking difference. 

2) Post partum is a thing. I didn't say she had it, I suggested it was possible his wife experienced post partum. My wife did, multiple friends of mine had wives who did. Its a thing every loving husband needs to be on the lookout for, and it impacts more women than many people expect.  

3) I listed becoming a father as ONE factor out of many that impacted his work. 

4) What a hypocritical post. "Unless you are her clinician thats not your place..... A more mature, less narcissistic person" I suggested a possibility. You flat out diagnosed Frost with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Apparently you are his clinician? What's more- unless you know for a FACT that the activities you mentioned happened, you are engaging in libelous behavior. 

5) Lastly, men are taught it is not our place to seek help. We are taught it is our job to handle our issues ourselves, while being there for everyone else in our household. And unless you've ever experienced clinically diagnosed depression, you have no idea how hard it is to "self recognize," and "find help." 

I couldn't agree more that becoming a father is more than a wife having a baby, perhaps I misread your text about that.  So apologies there, but I'll stand by everything else I typed.  

There are plenty of narcissists out there, that doesn't require a psych diagnosis and someone can be one without a "disorder".  Just like there are rude people, there are narcissists.  Having a sense of entitlement, feeling self important, taking little responsibility - that's not a medical/psych diagnosis, it's a personality trait.  So yes I'll stand by that and have no clue (nor did I make the accusation) if Scott has a disorder.  

Regarding his extracurricular activities, yes I do know that at least some of them are true, and I've known Scott for years, his MO hasn't changed a whole lot since he was in college himself so it wouldn't surprise me a whole lot if most of the rumors are true.  

I'm quite aware of how postpartum can impact women, and how many suffer.

And I can't speak to your perception that men aren't taught to ask for help. Plenty do, and I'm sad for you if you don't feel that empowerment or have that level of support.  I would have expected that a portion of the restructured contract Scott signed had some benchmarks and expectations for support of his mindset. Depression is very real for many of us.  Getting help and perspective is something that we can improve upon.  Perhaps that topic is one for another area of the board.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
12 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I couldn't agree more that becoming a father is more than a wife having a baby, perhaps I misread your text about that.  So apologies there, but I'll stand by everything else I typed.  

There are plenty of narcissists out there, that doesn't require a psych diagnosis and someone can be one without a "disorder".  Just like there are rude people, there are narcissists.  Having a sense of entitlement, feeling self important, taking little responsibility - that's not a medical/psych diagnosis, it's a personality trait.  So yes I'll stand by that and have no clue (nor did I make the accusation) if Scott has a disorder.  

Regarding his extracurricular activities, yes I do know that at least some of them are true, and I've known Scott for years, his MO hasn't changed a whole lot since he was in college himself so it wouldn't surprise me a whole lot if most of the rumors are true.  

I'm quite aware of how postpartum can impact women, and how many suffer.

And I can't speak to your perception that men aren't taught to ask for help. Plenty do, and I'm sad for you if you don't feel that empowerment or have that level of support.  I would have expected that a portion of the restructured contract Scott signed had some benchmarks and expectations for support of his mindset. Depression is very real for many of us.  Getting help and perspective is something that we can improve upon.  Perhaps that topic is one for another area of the board.

Thanks for the apologies. 

Because I seriously still feel a gut punch every time I see Frost mentioned and remember how disappointed I am that he fell short of our high hopes, which of these do you know to be true during his tenure as Nebraska's head coach? 

"because her husband was drinking and drugging and screwing coeds?"

• Plus1 2

34 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That seems to be growing contentious. I’ve watched both of his recent discussions. 

Rhule’s making the case that he wants to coach where he wants to that might involve compensation that’s less than what Carolina deems is his “fair market value”.

What is his value and how does his freedom to chose who to be employed by factor into the equation…

Hypothetically we might’ve offered him $8M where Carolina objected he’s worth more. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

Does anyone really believe that Trev and Mickey haven’t talked about this?

That would be a gargantuan elephant wooly mammoth in the room , everyday, every room ..

Trev:  Hey Mickey.. what’s up ?

Mickey:  Nothin’.

Both:  Welp.. see ya later !

No. I believe there has not been a "formal interview." But is there ever a "formal interview" when you promote an internal hire/ remove an interim tag? 

Side note:  Are you all getting an annoying Best Buy pop up that takes up 1/4 of the screen?   Some of the ads on HB have much to be desired.

:backtotopic

I hope Trev announces Sat or Sunday early.   I hope it is Fickell, Rhule,  Klieman, or  Aranda -  if Rhule hasn't been 'rhuled out'.     Seems like most others have been rhuled out already based on posts - which have the creditability of a guess.  

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
2 minutes ago, M.A. said:

That seems to be growing contentious. I’ve watched both of his recent discussions. 

Rhule’s making the case that he wants to coach where he wants to that might involve compensation that’s less than what Carolina deems is his “fair market value”.

What is his value and how does his freedom to chose who to be employed by factor into the equation…

Hypothetically we might’ve offered him $8M where Carolina objected he’s worth more. 

Carolina's probably going to argue that he's worth $10M a year so that they don't have to pay him anymore.

• Fire 1