Who should our next HC be?

I don't know - what do you think the Bama AD thought when he heard Miami fired Saban??    "Saban is a terrible coach to have gotten fired!!"  OR  "What an opportunity I have now that I didn't think was possible 30 days ago!!"     I'm not saying Rhule is Saban, but Rhule has a college track record as well that is impressive.  When Bama hired Saban, Saban wasn't yet "Saban".  He had one 1 NC but so have many - not many would become a legend.  College vs NFL - 2 totally different animals.  I'll judge Rhule by what he did on the college level.    With that said, Fickell would be a great hire.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
12 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

ok, you’re Trev Alberts, the man with the plan, the next Savior in line at Nebraska, being trusted with the most important decision of your football life …. Chillin’ at home on 10/10 watching Sports Center and they say “Panthers fire Rhule today…”

a good 30 days after you fired Frost and now at that point you’re like “oh $hit.. I just found my guy !  

4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I don't know - what do you think the Bama AD thought when he heard Miami fired Saban??    "Saban is a terrible coach to have gotten fired!!"  OR  "What an opportunity I have now that I didn't think was possible 30 days ago!!"     I'm not saying Rhule is Saban, but Rhule has a college track record as well that is impressive.  When Bama hired Saban, Saban wasn't yet "Saban".  He had one 1 NC but so have many - not many would become a legend.  College vs NFL - 2 totally different animals.  I'll judge Rhule by what he did on the college level.    With that said, Fickell would be a great hire.  

3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I don't know - what do you think the Bama AD thought when he heard Miami fired Saban??    "Saban's a terrible coach to have gotten fired!!"  OR  "What an opportunity I have now that I didn't think was possible 30 days ago!!"     I'm not saying Rhule is Saban, but Rhule has a college track record as well that is impressive.  When Bama hired Saban, Saban wasn't yet "Saban".  He had one 1 NC but so have many - not many would become a legend.  College vs NFL - 2 totally different animals.  I'll judge Rhule by what he did on the college level.    With that said, Fickell would be a great hire.  

I don't know, Saban was a lot better in college and the pros than Rhule.  Like, a lot.

• Plus1 1

Just now, The Dude said:

I don't know, Saban was a lot better in college and the pros than Rhule.  Like, a lot.

Saban had many more years under his belt in college than Rhule did as well.  Rhule was on the right trajectory, however before he left Baylor.   I like his potential based on his past work at Temple and Baylor.   I don't think Saban inherited a s&@$ show like Baylor either.  

• Fire 1
5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I don't know - what do you think the Bama AD thought when he heard Miami fired Saban??    "Saban's a terrible coach to have gotten fired!!"  OR  "What an opportunity I have now that I didn't think was possible 30 days ago!!"     I'm not saying Rhule is Saban, but Rhule has a college track record as well that is impressive.  When Bama hired Saban, Saban wasn't yet "Saban".  He had one 1 NC but so have many - not many would become a legend.  College vs NFL - 2 totally different animals.  I'll judge Rhule by what he did on the college level.    With that said, Fickell would be a great hire.  

You mean the Saban who was 48-16 at LSU and had a championship under his belt at that point ??

yeah .. Rhule.. not even close.

I get your point.. but man Rhule is not an opportunity that arose unexpectedly. 

My point is that it seems the man with a plan maybe didn’t have a plan after all. 
except Mickey being a fall back to whatever arose. 

7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Saban had many more years under his belt in college than Rhule did as well.  Rhule was on the right trajectory, however before he left Baylor.   I like his potential based on his past work at Temple and Baylor.   I don't think Saban inherited a s&@$ show like Baylor either.  

Yeah that was Carolina's logic when they hired him too, I'm sure.

Also now that I think about it, if I remember right, I don't believe Saban was fired by the Dolphins.

Rhule was probably the worst coach in the league.  Which people will dismiss outright, but I think that's a mistake.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

You mean the Saban who was 48-16 at LSU and had a championship under his belt at that point ??

yeah .. Rhule.. not even close.

I get your point.. but man Rhule is not an opportunity that arose unexpectedly. 

My point is that it seems the man with a plan maybe didn’t have a plan after all. 
except Mickey being a fall back to whatever arose. 

Or the Man wt the Plan was flexible enough to change it once Rhule came available.  Perhaps moving from Campbell (thankfully) to Rhule.   With all that I'm saying, I'm not placing Rhule in Saban's league.  I'm saying he was a proven coach on the right track and probably made the mistake of following  a dream in coaching in the NFL which didn't pan out for him.   In some respects, Fickell may be the better hire but either way - I think either one could work at Nebraska.