Who should our next HC be?

2 minutes ago, THROW_DEM_BONES said:

Heard from a friend who knows multiple boosters that Rhule has signed a 5 year, $9M contract. Did not specify if the money was per year or total. I’m guessing that it is per year. Said Collins will be hired as an assistant. Do not shoot the messenger.

This friend is a little crazy with political conspiracies tho, so be aware.

I feel dumb…. Collins????

• Plus1 2

23 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

Great post.

The right coach can take a losing program, and have a quick turnaround.

Head coach of Arkansas Lou Holtz decided to suspend 3 players, (2 starters) before the 1977 Orange
Bowl against #2 Oklahoma,  players wanted to boycott playing . Gov.
Bill Clinton pleaded with Holtz to reconsider. He didn’t. Arkansas won as a large dog.

No. Carolina St. in 1971  went 3-8
1972 first year coach Holtz coached them to 8-3-1, took them to and won Peach Bowl vs. West Virginia

Arkansas in 1977  went 5-5-1
1978  first year coach Holtz went to 10-1, took them to and won Orange Bowl vs. #2 Oklahoma

Minnesota in 1983 went 1-10
1984  first year coach Holtz went 4-7, in second year, 1985, went 7-5 and won Independence Bowl

Notre Dame in 1985 went 5-6
1986 first year coach Holtz went 5-6, in second year 1987 went 8-4, going to Cotton Bowl

South Carolina in 1998 went 1-10
1999 first year coach Holtz went 0-11, second year 2000, went 8-4 going to Outback
    Bowl, beating Ohio St.

UCF went undefeated in 2017 after a rough patch.

1 minute ago, HANC said:

Thank you.  Don’t know much about him. Is this a positive or negative?  Obviously everything is rumor, just don’t know 

According to Wiki,
“Collins secured his first head coaching job in December 2016 when he was named 
Matt Rhule's successor at Temple. Collins had previously worked alongside Rhule at Albright College and Western Carolina.”

Another good nugget…

“Following the 2015 season, Collins was a candidate to replace O'Leary as the head coach at UCF.[6] Collins interviewed for the position that ultimately went to Scott Frost.”

Another fun fact about Collins:

Collins spent two years as the defensive coordinator at Florida underneath Jim McElwain. While with the Gators, Collins oversaw a defense that ranked No. 6 in scoring defense in 2016 and No. 11 in 2015.[5] During the 2015 season, Collins' defense became just the seventh team in the last 20 years to not allow a touchdown against three FBS Power 5 schools on the road in the same season.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, THROW_DEM_BONES said:

Heard from a friend who knows multiple boosters that Rhule has signed a 5 year, $9M contract. Did not specify if the money was per year or total. I’m guessing that it is per year. Said Collins will be hired as an assistant. Do not shoot the messenger.

This friend is a little crazy with political conspiracies tho, so be aware.

Geoff Collins as an assistant…. Great… the ol’ hire my buddies routine..

Trev:  here’s your salary pool, go hire the best assistants. 

Rhule: Oh I coached with this dude at Western Carolina for like 2 years, he’s a good dude

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, HANC said:

Thank you.  Don’t know much about him. Is this a positive or negative?  Obviously everything is rumor, just don’t know 

Defenses were tough and fun to watch at Florida while he was DC. HC was an offense guy in McElwain so you know the brunt of the credit can go to Collins. Landed some elite recruits while there. Think he would be a big time hire if true.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, secretasianman said:

Geoff Collins as an assistant…. Great… the ol’ hire my buddies routine..

Trev:  here’s your salary pool, go hire the best assistants. 

Rhule: Oh I coached with this dude at Western Carolina for like 2 years, he’s a good dude

Maybe this below will change your mind

1 minute ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Another fun fact about Collins:

Collins spent two years as the defensive coordinator at Florida underneath Jim McElwain. While with the Gators, Collins oversaw a defense that ranked No. 6 in scoring defense in 2016 and No. 11 in 2015.[5] During the 2015 season, Collins' defense became just the seventh team in the last 20 years to not allow a touchdown against three FBS Power 5 schools on the road in the same season.