Who should our next HC be?

2 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

It has nothing to do for me about being cheap.  But if you look at the top paid coaches in college,  alot of those guys have won very big. Im glad they opened up the check book but i would of wanted to see that kind of money if we were going to steal someone from somewhere.  Like if fickel is given 9 grand, ok.  But Its like paying top dollar for a flashy car and theres a giant scratch on the side. 

With no leaks and Rhule's cryptic Tweet it's almost like he's trolling the fan base.  The longer we wait, it also seems that other perspective guys are getting locked in to multi year deals taking them off the board.  Wondering now it it's some guy not even mentioned.....

Too the money, it's also odd with all the "largest assistant pool" in history that rumors are circulating about low ball offers or offers that appear to be "above" the qualities of the suspected HC....I'm starting to lean towards a "hmmmm" type hire.

Interesting times for sure.

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Temple won 4 the year before he got there and he won 2 in his first year.  Baylor won 7 the year before he got there and he won 1 in his first year.  So it makes absolutely no sense to "remove" those from his resume.

If you have to remove huge swaths of a guy's resume to make it appear like a good resume, it's probably just not a very good resume.

Haha yep.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Baylor won 7 the year before he got there and he won 1 in his first year.  So it makes absolutely no sense to "remove" those from his resume.

Do you have any idea how many players were removed from that previous year?

• TBH 1

38 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Which coach would not only make the guys already committed stay, and make guys who weren't committed before Frost was fired commit afterwards, when we had an interim coach with no guarantees and no head coach?

Seems like the guys committing (Coleman, especially) either know Mickey is being retained FOR SURE, or they know who the head coach is, and he's a guy they want to play for.

Is that Rhule? Fickell? Deion? Urban?

I don't think Deion is a possibility anymore with sCUm going after him pretty hard. But what a shock it would be if he was announced! :lol::bluffs

• Oh Yeah! 1
2 minutes ago, lo country said:

With no leaks and Rhule's cryptic Tweet it's almost like he's trolling the fan base.  The longer we wait, it also seems that other perspective guys are getting locked in to multi year deals taking them off the board.  Wondering now it it's some guy not even mentioned.....

Too the money, it's also odd with all the "largest assistant pool" in history that rumors are circulating about low ball offers or offers that appear to be "above" the qualities of the suspected HC....I'm starting to lean towards a "hmmmm" type hire.

Interesting times for sure.

I put 9 grand, lol good morning.  And yea, he hasnt been on twitter for a while and then i bet he got 50k new followers within the last week so hes like, im gonna troll these fools.  I would like to think though that some of these rumors are not just invented in someones head.  Its hard to weed through the bs.

• TBH 1
49 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Which coach would not only make the guys already committed stay, and make guys who weren't committed before Frost was fired commit afterwards, when we had an interim coach with no guarantees and no head coach?

Seems like the guys committing (Coleman, especially) either know Mickey is being retained FOR SURE, or they know who the head coach is, and he's a guy they want to play for.

Is that Rhule? Fickell? Deion? Urban?

I don't think either of those things is known yet, this situation feels very fluid. I suspect everyone is assuming things like Mickey will be retained rather than knowing, but that's not how these things work.  I coukd be wrong, but I doubt it.

15 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Haha yep.

8 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Because they wanted their new coach to go 11-27 and have a .289 winning percentage obviously.

C’mon man. You’re wanting a guy with barely any resume and what is there is worse than none.

Gotta love it when people look at records and completely ignore context and circumstances.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
13 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Why did the Panthers want to hire him and give him $60M to coach if he’s a .500 college coach?

Because he has a track record of fixing dumpster fire teams and making them competitive. The Panthers fit the definition of a dumpster fire. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1