Who should our next HC be?

18 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Rhule is a very proud football coach with pride.  I don't know if MIckey is retained or if he should be.  We need to have a coach who has the whole rooms ear.  CAn't be having players turning to Mickey and going against Rhule.  I don't see it working with MIckey staying.  I don't think we need MIckey to stay either.  We need to have a clean slate going forward.  My only thing with Rhule is whether he will have the committment to stay here 4 plus years.........that seems to be his style.

If its Rhule, he should have his staff in line coming into the announcment.  I am skeptical if its Rhule, but I think we could do alot worse and maybe we could do better.  Sounds like Leipold is gettng more money and years to stay at KU..........what does this all say about the process?  I think we are being told no by some sitting coaches who don't want this job.......we can keep saying we are a Top 10 destination job, but in all reality, we are no longer.   This is why we keep hiring coaches every 5 years and not getting a name to come here. 

I get what your saying, but thats taking a guy that held the place together while it went to s#!t and said no thanks.  And to be fair, i work in retail, and was convinced to leave my store that i had ran very successfully to take over a store that was struggling and had lots of turnover.  It turns out the overall enviroment was so toxic that after i took over that store it became even worse, had 100% turnover and ended up being asked to step down because of it.  This is after i fixed a previous store and made it profitable with 90% retention over 2 years.  The grass isnt always greener on the other side, sometimes it is best to just park your butt and stick with what you have.  Thats why i think Meyer and Rhule are such good gets because they have nothing to lose except pride.  Everyone else is just smoke.

• Thanks 1

Does the next HC have to care about Nebraska?.....NO.  If we hire a coach who is already rich and just wants to win to feed their ego and get launched back into the NFL, he will win games and plenty of them.  It's more about the career for the truely professional coaches.  Come here and lose like Frost and your career is over.  If Rhule comes here and wins double digits for 2 years after a mulligan first year and leaves for the NFL, we will be the better for it and will be a much more attractive destination for we will not be a complete rebuild for the next HC. We need a coach that can get us back into being relevant.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think this was mentioned earlier in this thread, but if you want to get away from your family  for an hour, listen to the OWH Pick 6 podcast. It goes into the last 2 months, looking at the current candidates, and a little why they can’t go public with every little rumor they hear. 

Better still, listen to it a couple of times right! ;) 

It is good. Enjoyed  listening to it.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

I was sitting at a bar at a steakhouse Friday night and (admittedly after a couple/few martinis) looked across the bar and swore I saw Urban Meyer. Said to my wife, "Holy s#!t that's Urban Meyer." She looks at him then looks at me and says, "The waiter?" which is when I noticed he was dressed like the waiters.

I think we all may need to step away from the coaching search for a little while.

or the alcohol...  just say'n

18 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Matt Rhules entrance on Saturday with his Nebraska and Panther money.

Ric Flair Entrance GIFs | Tenor

Hmm let's see if this fits with what we know about Rhule. 

Stylin'- hmm that's up for debate but he has his own so I'd say yes. 

Profilin'- not even sure what that means 

Limousine ridin'- most likely 

Jet flyin'- 100% confirmed 

Kiss stealin'- probably not 

Wheelin, dealin'- yep confirmed also 

Son of a gun- I'd say yes on this too 

So overall a pretty high Flair ratio depending how you view the smock. 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Hmm let's see if this fits with what we know about Rhule. 

Stylin'- hmm that's up for debate but he has his own so I'd say yes. 

Profilin'- not even sure what that means 

Limousine ridin'- most likely 

Jet flyin'- 100% confirmed 

Kiss stealin'- probably not 

Wheelin, dealin'- yep confirmed also 

Son of a gun- I'd say yes on this too 

So overall a pretty high Flair ratio depending how you view the smock. 

Whoo GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2