Who should our next HC be?

58 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

Fickell, Fickell.. FICKELL

He would be the "biggest get" as he went to the CFP, is winning, currently coaching and would be another Urb acolyte in the B1G....

TBH, I have no idea in who the heck we will get.  Prior to Rhule leaving for the Panthers, I think he would have been a much  bigger get than coming from a "failed" NFL career. If it was a done deal a month or so ago (rumors) I do not think it'll be Rhule.  He was fired Oct 10, so that would have been an incredible fire to hire in a matter of days....

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

He would be the "biggest get" as he went to the CFP, is winning, currently coaching and would be another Urb acolyte in the B1G....

TBH, I have no idea in who the heck we will get.  Prior to Rhule leaving for the Panthers, I think he would have been a much  bigger get than coming from a "failed" NFL career. If it was a done deal a month or so ago (rumors) I do not think it'll be Rhule.  He was fired Oct 10, so that would have been an incredible fire to hire in a matter of days....

Fingers crossed

• Oh Yeah! 1
4 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

Honestly, how can KSU get better coaches for basketball and now football?  Those are the biggest men's programs at either school and so far, they have had better success.

There new basketball coach was an assistant at Baylor for years.  WE all know about Klieman now, who was on Bohls staff for years and credits him with everything.  I am willing to sacrifice substance for flashy at this point.  We have gone flashy to long now.

That part I bolded is your answer. Everyone keeps talking about getting a “flashy” hire and express disdain for any candidate that they deem as not flashy enough. Kiffen has positives, but honestly I would take Kleinman over Kiffen every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Frankly Kiffen’s resume and credentials don’t hold a candle to Kleinman’s, but for a large number of people apparently Kiffen is better because he is a flashy candidate. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 3
  • TBH 1

8 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

That part I bolded is your answer. Everyone keeps talking about getting a “flashy” hire and express disdain for any candidate that they deem as not flashy enough. Kiffen has positives, but honestly I would take Kleinman over Kiffen every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Frankly Kiffen’s resume and credentials don’t hold a candle to Kleinman’s, but for a large number of people apparently Kiffen is better because he is a flashy candidate. 

I've heard a lot of adjectives in my day, in reference to Lane Kiffin.  The is the fist time I've ever heard him described as flashy.   What makes him flashy?

2 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

I like the brand of football KSU is playing under Kleinman. Tough, hard nosed ball that would fit well in the B1G. I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed if Trev trotted him out as our new coach and would also much rather have him than Kiffen.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I've heard a lot of adjectives in my day, in reference to Lane Kiffin.  The is the fist time I've ever heard him described as flashy.   What makes him flashy?

He is widely considered a hot commodity of a coaching hire candidate that would generate a lot of buzz, mostly for surface-based reasons such as his public persona. Hiring Kiffen would bring national buzz and excitement because of this, that is what makes him a flashy candidate. Kleinman isn’t a flashy candidate, he isn’t the first person fans think off as a good target for their school to hire and wouldn’t generate the buzz hiring Kiffen would.