Who should our next HC be?

Just now, caveman99 said:

Except Rhule isn’t a single highlight Coach. He has coached Temple to 2 10 win seasons and a conference title over 4 seasons. He then went on ti build Baylor to a 11 win team over 3 seasons. He has 7 years of college HC experience vs SF who only had 2 seasons; including 3 at a power 5 level, which SF didn’t have. 

Honestly it was impressive that Rhule backed up his first 10 win season at Temple with another one. He didn’t leave there as soon as he had any success.

He also would have been a fool to turn down what Carolina offered him to leave Baylor. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

7 hours ago, Whatever said:

I’ve been creeping on this board for the past 700 pages so maybe I’ll add my 2¢ to do my part to get to 800. 

for those who think recruiting is hard here: that’s bs. Casey and Trey would be stars if we could’ve won 8 games this year. We don’t have the natural recruiting base that other parts of the country have but if kids want to go play at Kansas for basketball, we can get a few key parts to Nebraska. 

Also, I also tend to believe this has been done for weeks. I have no sources just a feeling. 

when TA said he didn’t need to win the press conference, I didn’t take that as “I need a rough type of guy”, I took that as “I don’t need all of you to approve of this choice, I just need to find the right guy and and it may take a year to prove it.”

if Washington and Kanas State can succeed with guys who are good coaches from lower levels, I tend to think we could too, regardless of the burn we got from SF. 

it’ll be fun to see how this plays out and GBR!

Whatever man

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Rhule won 10 games twice at Temple and won 10 games at Baylor. Many of his players were on Baylor’s team who won the Big 12 last year, and now Baylor has struggled without those players. 

The only ranked team Baylor played that season was Oklahoma  and they lost.

Wins over Stephen Austin, Houston, Rice and the rest of a down Big 12 ?  Not convincing .

Track record … that’s all I’m looking for , not one-season wonders.

Edit — and Temple, not even going to waste time to research success at JV-ball in a JV conference .

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, secretasianman said:

The only ranked team Baylor played that season was Oklahoma  and they lost.

Wins over Stephen Austin, Houston, Rice and the rest of a down Big 12 ?  Not convincing .

Track record … that’s all I’m looking for , not one-season wonders.

They are wins. I don’t need qualifiers. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, secretasianman said:

Ok .. then Frost won the National Championship at UCF and that 1957 National Championship banner at Kinnick Stadium is awesome.

Claims of National Championships are wins.  They are .... claims.

But good effort going to any lengths possible to not give people credit.

• TBH 1

13 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

Except Rhule isn’t a single highlight Coach. He has coached Temple to 2 10 win seasons and a conference title over 4 seasons. He then went on to build Baylor to a 11 win team over 3 seasons. He has 7 years of college HC experience vs SF who only had 2 seasons; including 3 at a power 5 level, which SF didn’t have. 

Rhule coached ONE good season at Baylor, which consisted of wins over mediocre teams. He has never built an elite team in a P5 conference. He may Nebraska, but that's far from guaranteed. 

Except Rhule isn’t a single highlight Coach. He has coached Temple to 2 10 win seasons and a conference title over 4 seasons. He then went on to build Baylor to a 11 win team over 3 seasons. He has 7 years of college HC experience vs SF who only had 2 seasons; including 3 at a power 5 level, which SF didn’t have. 

Rhule coached ONE good season at Baylor, which consisted of wins over mediocre teams. He has never built an elite team in a P5 conference. He may at Nebraska, but that's far from guaranteed. 

Rhule coached ONE good season at Baylor, which consisted of wins over mediocre teams. He has never built an elite team in a P5 conference. He may at Nebraska, but that's far from guaranteed. 

• TBH 1
7 minutes ago, Caveman said:

Rhule coached ONE good season at Baylor, which consisted of wins over mediocre teams. He has never built an elite team in a P5 conference. He may Nebraska, but that's far from guaranteed. 

Wait, can you slow down? Not sure I read that right , did you say Rhule only coached 1 good season at a P5 school? Can you please repeat that to be sure?

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2
2 minutes ago, Caveman said:

Come again?

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1