Who should our next HC be?

18 minutes ago, TonkaSker said:

BYU beat us a decade ago when both programs had different coaches, that's a terrible comp and means nothing.

Coastal beat BYU with four days notice at home at the end of the weirdest season in CFB history. That win doesn't really impress me given context.

They weren't division 2, they were FCS. There is very little, if any, difference between your average sun belt team and good FCS team. 

Grayson McCall is a really good quarterback. I have to give him some credit for scheming him well, but they haven't played anyone in the P5 that's had a week to prepare for it aside from Kansas. BYU did pretty well to shut it down with four days to prepare. There's zero proof that it works against a defense he'd play here with time to prepare.

Seems like fools gold to me.

Do you think Frost beats that same BYU team from 2020?  neither do I.  

Coastal is a FBS team now.  Chadwell's poor years were two years removed from playing in the FCS.  Schollie limits, different caliber of teams in the Sunbelt......

You brought up what BYU did to them on 5 days notice.  They lost.  Who gives a sh!t if they played them close.  They had the #2 QB in the draft at the helm, but still lost....We are 5-22 in close games....Under Frost

How many average sunbelt teams does NU beat?  We lost to Georgia Southern with a brand new coach and scheme.  They were triple option the previous years.  Yes it was Helton (P5 USC), but they beat our a$$ (With WKU OC FCS).....We also lost to Troy under Frost IIRC, so the Sunbelt owns Frost....

Again, he is a risk.  I like his scheme.  I'd like to see what he could do with AJ and AG in a 2 back set....

4 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

As I say, either hire the best dam coaches ( recruit and scheme) in the country OR find good players and develop them in a unique and special system.  

Exactly what I've been saying. We have two options: 1) Hire a big-name coach (i.e., Meyer) who can attract elite recruits to Lincoln; or 2) go back to a system that would make the Nebraska brand unique. Chadwell and Calhoun would both be solid targets if Trev chooses that route.

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

What now?

Ian McCaw - Former Baylor AD and current Liberty AD. Freeze's "spiritual advisor".

Baylor is private so it's impossible to say how involved he was in the rape coverup but he certainly was. Liberty is bungling its own issue with sexual assault and he's central to their mismanagement of it there.

Here's a read about McCaw's involvement of it: https://www.si.com/college/2018/07/21/baylor-sexual-assault-scandal-ian-mccaw-art-briles-regents-police

Freeze also recently went at an alleged sexual assault victim completely unsolicited for criticizing McCaw: https://brobible.com/sports/article/hugh-freeze-chelsea-andrews-liberty-twitter/

Freeze is also a psychopath who frequently name-searches on twitter and attacks his critics unsolicited. It would be extremely embarassing for this to happen at Nebraska and it absolutely would. Guy is a PR, compliance, and ethics nightmare.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TonkaSker said:

Ian McCaw - Former Baylor AD and current Liberty AD. Freeze's "spiritual advisor".

Baylor is private so it's impossible to say how involved he was in the rape coverup but he certainly was. Liberty is bungling its own issue with sexual assault and he's central to their mismanagement of it there.

Here's a read about McCaw's involvement of it: https://www.si.com/college/2018/07/21/baylor-sexual-assault-scandal-ian-mccaw-art-briles-regents-police

Freeze also recently went at an alleged sexual assault victim completely unsolicited for criticizing McCaw: https://brobible.com/sports/article/hugh-freeze-chelsea-andrews-liberty-twitter/

Freeze is also a psychopath who frequently name-searches on twitter and attacks his critics unsolicited. It would be extremely embarassing for this to happen at Nebraska and it absolutely would. Guy is a PR, compliance, and ethics nightmare.

Yikes.  Thanks for the info.

• Thanks 1
Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

That's why it's so important to retain Applewhite. Otherwise, both of them may bolt.

RB's don't stay in college for long, and generally don't have a long NFL career.  If Grant continues on his current pace the rest of the year, he might as well go to the NFL.

I HATE forcing the new coach to retain current coaches.  It's not practical.  A good coach will be able to replace talent who transfer, and talented players will want to play for good coaches, especially if they have a history of getting guys to the NFL.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, lo country said:

Do you think Frost beats that same BYU team from 2020?  neither do I.  

Coastal is a FBS team now.  Chadwell's poor years were two years removed from playing in the FCS.  Schollie limits, different caliber of teams in the Sunbelt......

You brought up what BYU did to them on 5 days notice.  They lost.  Who gives a sh!t if they played them close.  They had the #2 QB in the draft at the helm, but still lost....We are 5-22 in close games....Under Frost

How many average sunbelt teams does NU beat?  We lost to Georgia Southern with a brand new coach and scheme.  They were triple option the previous years.  Yes it was Helton (P5 USC), but they beat our a$$ (With WKU OC FCS).....We also lost to Troy under Frost IIRC, so the Sunbelt owns Frost....

Again, he is a risk.  I like his scheme.  I'd like to see what he could do with AJ and AG in a 2 back set....

Frost isn't the coach anymore. That's a strawman argument.

It would have been hard for USC, let alone BYU to travel across the country at the end of the season and play an option team without practice or real film study. Defensively, they shut them down. That's not proof of concept.

Fill this in for me guys. 

HC- Joseph 

OC/QB

RB- Applewhite

OL-

TE-

DC/ILB- Glenn Schumann 

DL-

OLB-

DB-

Special Teams- Busch 

I really like Glenn Schumann as our next DC. It most likely wont happen but I would take it. Started as a Grad assistant at Alabama. Was the right hand man for Kirby Smart and was Smart's first hire at UGA. Co-Defensive Coordinator with Muschamp and coaches the ILB. A major weakness at Nebraska. If Muschamp doesn't get a HC job I think Nebraska should try. Makes 800k now and i would think Nebraska could offer 1.2m? 

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

shhhh quiet 

I know you are making a joke, but I hate it when college fans get selfish and want their players to stay at the college.  I think guys should go to the NFL if at all possible, and it's up to the coaches to replace and develop that talent.  I was so pissed when Frost was mad at Cam Jurgens for going to the NFL last winter.  Coaches should encourage their players to take whatever opportunities they can.

22 minutes ago, SODAKSKERSFAN20 said:

Fill this in for me guys. 

HC- Joseph 

OC/QB

RB- Applewhite

OL-

TE-

DC/ILB- Glenn Schumann 

DL-

OLB-

DB-

Special Teams- Busch 

If Mickey Joseph is retained, I'd like to see him coax his brother Vance into coming here as DC, at least until the defense is back in order. I'd keep Whipple as OC, and maybe hire Tim Polasek for OL. Bring on Ed Orgeron as recruiting coordinator. If MJ is not kept as full-time HC, I pray to God that whomever is hired does everything in his power to keep him.

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If Mickey Joseph is retained, I'd like to see him coax his brother Vance into coming here as DC, at least until the defense is back in order. I'd keep Whipple as OC, and maybe hire Tim Polasek for OL. Bring on Ed Orgeron as recruiting coordinator.

I would like to see Vance come be the DC as well but he hasn't been coaching college since like 2004. Scares me a little bit. 

If Grant has a halfway decent season he's gone.

If we wants to play in the NFL this coming year is his chance.  If he comes back for a 6th year no NFL team is going to give a 25 year old RB much of a chance.

Grant, Jonathan Taylor, De'Andre Swift, and Clyde Edwards-Helaire were all born w/in a couple months of each other.  Javonte Williams is a full year younger than Grant.  Breece Hall is a full 2 years younger than Grant.

• Plus1 3