Who should our next HC be?

4 minutes ago, Caveman said:

Rhule's classes were not as highly rated. His classes were mostly 3 star Texas kids with a few kids from neighboring states. 

True but Nebraska as a whole is on a bigger platform then Baylor or Temple.  If kids didn't know him well enough from the time he spent at those 2 schools they do now. Even if he was unsuccessful in the NFL he can certainly use that to his advantage when he is talking to kids about coming here. From watching him in interviews he comes across as a people person that can relate to anyone. We have had some coaches that could relate to kids and others not so much. Like he said it's all about relationships.

15 minutes ago, Caveman said:

Rhule's classes were not as highly rated. His classes were mostly 3 star Texas kids with a few kids from neighboring states. 

Again though did you even read what I wrote? No one is getting high rated classes at Baylor. That's without even counting the fact that he was recruiting while Baylor was under investigation. It was completely unknown while he was there if they were going to get a penn state level penalty or worse. Who would go to a school during that?

6 minutes ago, lo country said:

Bottom line is Rhule will have contacts in the NFL.  he'd be stupid not to parley that into some positives while on the recruiting trail.  

Every coach has NFL contacts.  Pelini did and Frost did.

This is just an odd point to try to make in favor of Rhule.

Mickey Joseph has an NFL "resource".....his name is Vance Joseph.

11 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Every coach has NFL contacts.  Pelini did and Frost did.

This is just an odd point to try to make in favor of Rhule.

Mickey Joseph has an NFL "resource".....his name is Vance Joseph.

What's odd is that you seem to be campaigning to the air for something that ain't happening. Rhule will be hired, then he'll go do the best he can. Maybe you can send over some analysis to help him improve.

• Fire 2

Holy hell, all the piss and vinegar on this thread is ridiculous. I come to this forum to read what a lot of you have to say, and to get your honest thoughts. But all of the trolls and a$$ hats on here are becoming ridiculous. Either support the team and trust that people a lot more knowledgeable than you know what they're doing, or just leave. Enough already. 

Full disclosure: I've had quite a few adult beverages tonight, enjoying a Husker win over Iowa. But my thoughts are solid. :)

• Thanks 3
  • TBH 1
30 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Again though did you even read what I wrote? No one is getting high rated classes at Baylor. That's without even counting the fact that he was recruiting while Baylor was under investigation. It was completely unknown while he was there if they were going to get a penn state level penalty or worse. Who would go to a school during that?

I have been arguing that Nebraska with Rhule is not going to be out-recruiting Texas programs for quality Texas players. There will be no "pipeline". You responded by stating that Nebraska had higher rated classes than Baylor. So your statement had nothing to do with my original argument and did not merit a response, but I was gracious and confirmed that yes, Nebraska did in fact have higher rated classes.

13 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

What's odd is that you seem to be campaigning to the air for something that ain't happening. Rhule will be hired, then he'll go do the best he can. Maybe you can send over some analysis to help him improve.

I'm fine with Rhule and can assure you I have zero campaign influence.  But to say Rhule has some advantageous NFL "resources" that will benefit Nebraska is vague and I'm simply asking what it specifically means.

8 minutes ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

Holy hell, all the piss and vinegar on this thread is ridiculous. I come to this forum to read what a lot of you have to say, and to get your honest thoughts. But all of the trolls and a$$ hats on here are becoming ridiculous. Either support the team and trust that people a lot more knowledgeable than you know what they're doing, or just leave. Enough already. 

Full disclosure: I've had quite a few adult beverages tonight, enjoying a Husker win over Iowa. But my thoughts are solid. :)

Trust the same process that gave us Callahan, fired Pelini, hired Riley, and then kept Frost for one year too long? Nope, done trusting...pay TOP DOLLAR and give us a home run hire.