Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

No no we should just be happy getting a coach that can get us to 7-8 wins every season. Come on Nebraskan's we all know we are the bottom dwellers.

Not thinking Urban can accomplish the rebuild at Nebraska is not at all the same as fans only wanting us to get 7-8 wins every season. But it's a nice strawman.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I never knew Utah and Bowling Green were in such recruiting hotbeds

Urban only has the #3 winning % of all time in CFB, even ahead of osborne and saban.  I wouldn't pay the clowns saying urban cant succeed here any attention whatsoever.  Said clowns are also the ones b!^@hing about how crap this team is, bit hypocritical.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Yeah, I heard them all cheering for him at the pregame. That was creepy. I actually think he's a good coach when he's in the middle of a recruiting hotbed like Ohio. Good luck with that.

Sorry forgot what molten hot recruiting grounds he was in at Bowling Green and Utah

As Scarlet beat me to it.  Reply as I read, so props to him for the same point

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

OK. You kool-aid drinkers win. Hire Urban. But never, ever complain when he takes the money, doesn't produce the results you want and leaves. 7-8 wins a season is not my benchmark. It's higher. We had Bo. We ran him out of town. At this point, we don't deserve nice things. 

But sure, Urban is the savior.

For my part, I am hoping for an up-and-comer who is willing to take a few calculated risks to build a program with a cohesive vision and plan and make a name for himself. 

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

1 minute ago, Frustrated said:

OK. You kool-aid drinkers win. Hire Urban. But never, ever complain when he takes the money, doesn't produce the results you want and leaves. 7-8 wins a season is not my benchmark. It's higher. We had Bo. We ran him out of town. At this point, we don't deserve nice things. 

For my part, I am hoping for an up-and-comer who is willing to take a few calculated risks to build a program with a cohesive vision and plan and make a name for himself. 

The bolded kinda go hand in hand there chief.  And for the most part you pretty much described a recent coaching failure five years ago.

2 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

The bolded kinda go hand in hand there chief.  And for the most part you pretty much described a recent coaching failure five years ago.

Oh yeah. I'm sure hiring him magically results in a ton of wins in Lincoln. My bad. He's bad for the program. I'll keep saying it because it's true.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
14 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Given the choice between Meyer and an “up and comer”:

I’d rather get a coach who’s been at the top and wants to prove he still belongs there, and all the excitement in attention and recruiting that comes with it.  I think it’s better than someone who “hopes” to get there.

Urban Meyer and Nebraska are pretty much synonymous right now.  Both have been at the top.  Both had embarrassments because of their egos.  Both want to be known as great!

• Plus1 2