Mood After Dublin - How Many Wins?

Mood After Dublin - How Many Wins?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Regular Season Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/2022 at 04:59 AM

I was at 5-7 in my prediction prior and still am.  I did believe we would win the NW game by 24.  I thought we'd win and really amp up expectations.  Obviously, that didn't happen.

I'm surprised by this loss but with the easy schedule we are still on track for my prediction.  A 5-7 record might be more of the ceiling but it was just one game.

Feeling good here.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

I think this is a valid/good topic.  

I feel more concerned now than previously.  I think our wins and losses will depend on the defense.  Before the season, I felt confident that we beat NW, Illinois, Minnesota,,..etc.   

I know we can make improvements, but will we?

I'm down from 9 wins to maybe 5.  And I cannot believe I said that - after one game. :hmmph

• Plus1 1

I was 5-7 before the game and I'm sticking to that although it may be optimistic now. Before the NW game I was beginning to think 5-7 was a little pessimistic with all the Kool-Aid flowing but then I thought back to the last 4 years and decided it was just about right for the current coaching staff even with a more favorable schedule.

• Plus1 1

I was 8 wins in the prior poll.  I said 2 wins in this poll as I'm in full depression mode now :facepalm:.  Realistically 4 wins top - but 3 most likely 

With this type of play, no way we win any of the toss up games (Iowa, Wisc, Min, Purd), we get blown out by OU, Mich. 

We should (better) win the next 2 - maybe we eek out 2 more wins against Rutgers, Indy, Ill, - but doubtful we win 2 out of 3. 

• Plus1 2

I believe that will really hinge on the Oklahoma game.  If we win that, we gain a little momentum and 6-7 feels realistic.  If we lose that, I have a hard time seeing us get past 5 wins.  Lose to Oklahoma and Indiana and Scott is likely fired on October 1.   Whoever the interim coach is will maybe provide a spark so maybe get to 6 but I wouldn't bet on it.  Lose to Oklahoma but beat Indiana, I'm betting Trev plays a wait and see over the next 3. 

Bottom line I'm not feeling great but at this point I still believe it is possible to improve and salvage a good season.     

• Haha 1

Before saturday I was thinking 8-4 (7-5 low and 9-3 high). I am hopeful we played our worst game right off the bat with new players starting, especially on defense. Edge play must improve and tackling as well.  Kolarevic wiffed on at least 3 tackles that JoJo would have locked up. Did our D even cause one 3 and out saturday? I am now at 6-6 for the high and 4-8 for the low. 

I just turned 70 years old a week ago and I am of the conclusion I may never see a good-great Husker football team again. Kinda scary!

• Plus1 1

Before, I was an 8 win guy.  Now, I voted 5.  

The next two weeks are critical to this team.  They have got to improve, or we won't come anywhere close to 5 wins.  If they actually improve and learn from this disaster, they could have a chance to go above the 5 wins.  But.......I have to start seeing some improvement before I become optimistic again.  They are probably going to be 2-2 after OU.  Then, they have to find at least 3 wins the rest of the way.

They better pull their heads out of their collective asses....and fast.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

Before saturday I was thinking 8-4 (7-5 low and 9-3 high). I am hopeful we played our worst game right off the bat with new players starting, especially on defense. Edge play must improve and tackling as well.  Kolarevic wiffed on at least 3 tackles that JoJo would have locked up. Did our D even cause one 3 and out saturday? I am now at 6-6 for the high and 4-8 for the low. 

I just turned 70 years old a week ago and I am of the conclusion I may never see a good-great Husker football team again. Kinda scary!

Happy Birthday.   

IF we hire someone like URB Meyer or another top tier coach - it could be possible to return to good/great based on fan base support, booster support, facilities, finances and throw in some fading blue blue tradition.   We've gone cheap  in all of our hires after Tom:  Solich, Calahan, Bo, Riley, Frost  - We may have paid out big $$s to Frost but yet he was not a proven head coach.  Bo, Frank the BC were not proven at the HC level (BC - college level), Riley  - many years but only 50% wins.  So, we've never gone after the experienced guy who proves he can win in at a high level and win the big games.  It is time to do so. 

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Happy Birthday.   

IF we hire someone like URB Meyer or another top tier coach - it could be possible to return to good/great based on fan base support, booster support, facilities, finances and throw in some fading blue blue tradition.   We've gone cheap  in all of our hires after Tom:  Solich, Calahan, Bo, Riley, Frost  - We may have paid out big $$s to Frost but yet he was not a proven head coach.  Bo, Frank the BC were not proven at the HC level (BC - college level), Riley  - many years but only 50% wins.  So, we've never gone after the experienced guy who proves he can win in at a high level and win the big games.  It is time to do so. 

I wouldn't say we went cheap on Frost.  He was THE hot coach at the time and, if I remember right, we paid him what the going rate was for a coach like that.