Mood After Dublin - How Many Wins?

Mood After Dublin - How Many Wins?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Regular Season Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/2022 at 04:59 AM

20 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

I agree with Cdog.  This facebook post is trash.  We've been sending 18-22 year olds off to war for decades.  With the deals some 18-22 year olds are signing, they aren't amateur athletes anymore.  This is big boy football now.  It's also a bit shocking to read something like this coming from a college instructor.  They're job is also tied to how well 18-22 year olds do.  I'm sure there have been plenty of college instructors fired for nonperformance.  

Im seeing snowflakes begin to fall all around. me. This is big boy football. Tighten it up!! 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, ladyhawke said:

I read this on Facebook today. Wondered what folks here think? Part of me agrees with the poster but another part of me thinks the over 21 adults (coaches) need to step up their game as well. Here’s what I read:

We Husker fans need to do better. 

We are all the talk right now in college football, and it's not positive attention. 

But I'm not here to complain about Frost, the players, the staff, the program, the way it once was...

I'm here as a genuine concerned fan.

A bit of a momma bear if you will. 

As a college instructor, I am with 18 to 22 year olds daily. 

These. Are. Kids. 

Trust me, they think they're adults. Remember when you did too at their age? How'd that go for ya? 

You are tearing these kids up game after game, expectation after expectation, pressure after pressure.

And now, we've managed to put a man's job, one he loves, respects, and works his butt off for, on the literal shoulder pads of 18 to 22 year olds. 

Step up, Husker fans. 

There has been a fall from grace, but it's not only on the shoulders of this coach, these kids, or this program. 

It's on us, too. 

So we either learn how to cheer louder, in both wins and losses, or continue watching the weight of the world crush a program we all love so much. 

Let's take on some blame and become the world's greatest fans once again. 

Go Big Red.

Nebraska Huskers

Lol this is such a boomer take. 

Husker fans are the epitome of loyalty - it's teetering on masochism at this point. This program has a great many flaws, but the fanbase is not one of them. If anything, the fanbase is the lone bright spot in these last 10 years. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, mwj98 said:

Im seeing snowflakes begin to fall all around. me. This is big boy football. Tighten it up!! 

1 hour ago, The Maudfather said:

Lol this is such a boomer take. 

Husker fans are the epitome of loyalty - it's teetering on masochism at this point. This program has a great many flaws, but the fanbase is not one of them. If anything, the fanbase is the lone bright spot in these last 10 years. 

Thanks guys. Nice to get a different perspective. 

Previous was 8 +/-1, 7-9 wins.

After NW am at 4 +/-1, 3-5 wins.

Main difference is the defense is nowhere near what it was purported to be and the OL is as bad or worse than ever. My bad I guess for expecting some things to get at least slightly better or not greatly regress. Only thing that looks better at all is maybe kicking, punting and a QB that gets rid of the ball sooner. Based on the one game everything else is bad or worse.

• Plus1 1
On 8/29/2022 at 3:37 PM, junior4949 said:

I agree with Cdog.  This facebook post is trash.  We've been sending 18-22 year olds off to war for decades.  With the deals some 18-22 year olds are signing, they aren't amateur athletes anymore.  This is big boy football now.  It's also a bit shocking to read something like this coming from a college instructor.  They're job is also tied to how well 18-22 year olds do.  I'm sure there have been plenty of college instructors fired for nonperformance.  

Yeah that's bs. As a college professor teaching mostly pre nursing students, I don't temper my expectations for 20 year olds. I try to elevate theirs. These young adults today are capable of so much more than they realize. They've just been coddled up to this point.

1 hour ago, admo said:

I see 10 more wins offensively.  But, I see 7 more losses defensively.

Who knows how it will play out, but both sides need to get it together by OU weekend.  Or it will be a see-saw season.

A see-saw season seems like the best possibility at this point cuz right now a fat kid (both our lines) is on the teeter totter and it ain’t going back up without them vastly improving.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, lo country said:

I think I was pre-season 5-7.  I'm in the 3-9 camp now.  The week 0 loss, was one game most had picked to win.  Outside of ND and Georgia Southern, who else do you see us beating.  Our OL doesn't get better and we don't get a running game going, CT won't last the season back there.  

I was 5-7 as well.  Actually, still am.  The part that cracks me up is how the 5-7 crowd gets a pretty negative view months ago [by that 8-4, 7-5], and now these same folks state we can only win maybe 2-3 games.  

I will say this, if any "prediction" was made by an ESPN guy, you wouldn't see that guy who said Nebraska would go 8-4 to revise it during the next week and state that now they will go 2-10.  In this, "the greatest fans on earth" become comical.  :-)

• Plus1 2