POLL: Scott Frost's remaining Time at NU

How much Time Does Frost Have Left?  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

So what are we gaining by firing him mid season?

A different voice at the top. If it really is Frost’s leadership/direction that is the cause for the team to not take the next step and say MJ’s is better, then make the change, salvage the season (get to a bowl game), and retool in the offseason. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

A different voice at the top. If it really is Frost’s leadership/direction that is the cause for the team to not take the next step and say MJ’s is better, then make the change, salvage the season (get to a bowl game), and retool in the offseason. 

Short of losing the next two games, it makes no sense to fire him before we are eliminated from bowl contention considering that is the most likely metric Alberts is using to grade this season.

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Short of losing the next two games, it makes no sense to fire him before we are eliminated from bowl contention considering that is the most likely metric Alberts is using to grade this season.

If the bowl game is the major retention metric, than I'm ok with him being retained while it is still in play.  Once it isn't then I think we have to make a move.  Announce in plenty of time to be able to hold existing recruits.  Hopefully the new coach will be a major draw for new recruits and keep current players from jumping into the portal. 

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Not sure I agree with either of the following but- 

Maybe we get a chance to see what Mickey Joseph can do with the opportunity? 

One other possibility could be that Trev makes the decision he doesn't want to proceed with Frost no matter how the second half of the season goes.  In that scenario, he fires Frost to prevent the possibility of just enough wins to save his job.

I genuinely hope we win the next 4 and it is all just a moot point.    

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

There were a lot of coaching changes mid-season last year. The market for good coaches has gotten so competitive, and with the early signing period, we can't be standing around holding our dicks in our hands with no coach in January. 

Last year, even if Frost had been fired on the field after the Iowa game, most of the good candidates were already spoken for. Even though we all know that a lot of talk happens behind the scenes, if a firing is inevitable it behooves a school to pull the trigger early, strip away the pretense, and get on the market.

Trev restructured Scott's contract with the October date for a reason.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1

I voted that SF doesn't get fired and turns the season around. Yes I know you can't teach stupid with the onside kick but Nebraska can still turn it around. By midseason if they are 2-3 then its going to be really hard to turn it around and I've heard alot of people say they would want Urban Meyer. Me personally don't think that we could ever get him no matter how much money you throw at him. This place would give him a heart attack for sure with the amount of pressure to win. I think a great choice would be Matt Campbell but he loves the place he is at so not very much names I can see that are high profile guys to come here. Pure speculation at this point but I still think that SF can turn it around bc he still has time on his side or does he?????:dunno

• Haha 2
Just now, Ulty said:

There were a lot of coaching changes mid-season last year. The market for good coaches has gotten so competitive, and with the early signing period, we can't be standing around holding our dicks in our hands with no coach in January. 

Last year, even if Frost had been fired on the field after the Iowa game, most of the good candidates were already spoken for. Even though we all know that a lot of talk happens behind the scenes, if a firing is inevitable it behooves a school to pull the trigger early, strip away the pretense, and get on the market.

Trev restructured Scott's contract with the October date for a reason.

Which coaches that were hired during the season last year would we have wanted?

15 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Which coaches that were hired during the season last year would we have wanted?

I never said there was anyone I wanted last year. But if there was, the end of the season would have been too late. 

I don’t know who we should hire the next go-around either. Sucks.

But what benefit is there to waiting until after Thanksgiving, when we know other teams will already be making moves before then?

• Plus1 2
30 minutes ago, Ulty said:

I never said there was anyone I wanted last year. But if there was, the end of the season would have been too late. 

I don’t know who we should hire the next go-around either. Sucks.

But what benefit is there to waiting until after Thanksgiving, when we know other teams will already be making moves before then?

As I noted earlier, they are not waiting to actually announce the firing to start looking for the next guy.  That's how the new coach is often announced in the next few days after the firing.

• Plus1 1