POLL: Scott Frost's remaining Time at NU

How much Time Does Frost Have Left?  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anyone who thinks the B1G administrators (all of the B1G personnel including "The B1G Show and Final Drive" persons) while also not excluding the coaches (outside of maybe Ryan Day and staff) respects Nebraska, well... you're fooling yourself.

They "all of them" want this university gone. The B1G hates everything about this university and this state. You want to know why the B1G won't reach out to the OU's and UNC's? Because like Nebraska they won't fit into the big blue politics of the B1G.

The Lincoln and Omaha journalists are so far up the left's buttholes they too won't say anything and therefore are also projecting. (Is there any real journalism left in this world?)

The B1G is corrupt from top to bottom. It was the biggest mistake ever made to join.. Also lets face the truth, Nebraska is the team that led the way forward into super conferences. (Our move resulted in 4 teams leaving the big 12, A&M, Missouri, Colorado along with us) We speak about other university programs egos and say nothing about our own ego. Nebraska jumps and the dawn of new alliances begin. Now both the B1G and UNL find the fit not nearly as fitting as the green pastures once appeared. 

My 2 cents, ranting to hear my own head speak.. Wish we had real journalist instead of opinionists.. if we did maybe they'd help curtail some of the abuse we continue to receive from the decision makers upstairs.. How many more disgusting examples of us against the world will we see this year and yet hear zero speak of it in our news papers and sports columns. Why? Because the BC's of the world cater to lies for greed and hide truth because it may result in discipline. Do your job as journalists and report truths you cowards!!!

Edited by Mavric
This post originally quoted a now-deleted snippet that was attributed to the wrong member. The quotation has been deleted.
  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Comish said:

The purpose of the year extension was because it's better for ALL if Scott succeeds; since Trev is part of ALL, I think that extra leeway lets him keep his job with 7 wins....

I don't disagree, however I do not think Trev went in believing Scott would turn it around. It was 80% about that buy out, and the time needed to make a measured decision on a new coach. A new offensive staff was a win win. Maybe they help turn it around, and all is good, or we have top notch assistants as leverage. Again, calculated. In terms of the wins, I don't see it. This team feels very incomplete, and I imagine Trev sees that too. 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Undone said:

I believe the entire season boils down to Indiana & Rutgers. Assuming that we beat Georgia Southern (which I'm sure we will), winning those two will put us at 4-2, as I'm sure we'll lose to Oklahoma.

But 4-2? I absolutely see us then getting to a bowl. And if you win the bowl you get the winning season.

I don't see Trev firing him even at 6-6.

Not a snarky "isn't gonna to happen" understand...I just don't think 6-6 is sufficient to retaining him. Scott has to win more games than he loses (during the season). Given the impression I've gotten thus far, the chances of that occurring appear to be minimal. I'm truly not getting an indication of a team that can go better than 5-7. Seems awfully tough at this juncture. Oklahoma and Purdue seem like they will to be mighty tough winning with possibly brutal outcomes. 

Indiana and Rutgers could prove to be challenging as well. 

16 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Anyone who thinks the B1G administrators (all of the B1G personnel including "The B1G Show and Final Drive" persons) while also not excluding the coaches (outside of maybe Ryan Day and staff) respects Nebraska, well... you're fooling yourself.

They "all of them" want this university gone. The B1G hates everything about this university and this state. You want to know why the B1G won't reach out to the OU's and UNC's? Because like Nebraska they won't fit into the big blue politics of the B1G.

The Lincoln and Omaha journalists are so far up the left's buttholes they too won't say anything and therefore are also projecting. (Is there any real journalism left in this world?)

The B1G is corrupt from top to bottom. It was the biggest mistake ever made to join.. Also lets face the truth, Nebraska is the team that led the way forward into super conferences. (Our move resulted in 4 teams leaving the big 12, A&M, Missouri, Colorado along with us) We speak about other university programs egos and say nothing about our own ego. Nebraska jumps and the dawn of new alliances begin. Now both the B1G and UNL find the fit not nearly as fitting as the green pastures once appeared. 

My 2 cents, ranting to hear my own head speak.. Wish we had real journalist instead of opinionists.. if we did maybe they'd help curtail some of the abuse we continue to receive from the decision makers upstairs.. How many more disgusting examples of us against the world will we see this year and yet hear zero speak of it in our news papers and sports columns. Why? Because the BC's of the world cater to lies for greed and hide truth because it may result in discipline. Do your job as journalists and report truths you cowards!!!

What? The team is just bad and has been for years. 

This coaching staff is simply unorganized, easily outclassed, and sabatoges itself with in game decisions.

If anything, our local media does its best to fluff the team as much as possible, knowing full well the coach is a disaster.

17 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I don't disagree, however I do not think Trev went in believing Scott would turn it around. It was 80% about that buy out, and the time needed to make a measured decision on a new coach. A new offensive staff was a win win. Maybe they help turn it around, and all is good, or we have top notch assistants as leverage. Again, calculated. In terms of the wins, I don't see it. This team feels very incomplete, and I imagine Trev sees that too. 

Many though they knew what Trev was thinking last year too.....and were incorrect.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

There is NO previous comment that's been submitted by me with the quote connected to the above post. That would seem a prohibited offense. 

26 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

sirthisisawendysmeme.jpg

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
30 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

what-samuel-l-jackson.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

What? The team is just bad and has been for years. 

No, the team is not bad. What is true is in "every" official decision by the conference (like the garcia no fumble) the call goes against them. Where was BC, Sipple or any other writer out there commenting about that non-reversal. The announcers were shocked.. There will be at least 6 more examples of the conference officiating bias. Maybe our OLine appears bad because they know they can't play the same techniques that everyone else does because the flags will be thrown. (Remember the 20 something holding calls against us in the Northwestern game 3 years ago?) How about the absolute blatant blown calls like last years Wisky games no call PI on the 2 yard line? Not a single word was spoken about this by the BC's and Sipples... Because they are cowards. I can guarantee in the next conference game (Indiana) there will be a significant emphasis by the officials to hold us down. (Reversed call, Non-Reversed Call, mythical holding call, unsportsmanlike, etc.. that will have a direct outcome to the game). I know this because in EVERY game Frost has coached thats been close it's happened. Every Game, Every Time and our media says nothing!!!

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

There's no way the decision would be based on one game, let alone the first game of the year.  That would be stupid.

I think that it is. Considering how it played out, and what it showed. NW will not be the best team we face and that loss came from a team we killed last year. How did they turn it around so quickly and more importantly, how did we get worse so quickly? 

If Scott is to be retained, the losses to lesser programs cannot happen anymore, and unfortunately we are off to a bad start. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, Undone said:

Even in my wildest, Empyrean Ale-induced fantasies I hadn't considered that the officiating calls that go against us is because Nebraska is (generally) a red voting state.

But I suppose I'd probably entertain just about any possibility to kill time on this forum.

Does the same standard apply to Iowa, Indiana, and Ohio?  Or just Nebraska?